Area of Specialization:
Ph.D. Medicinal Chemistry, NIPER Mohali, 2016-2021.
MS Pharm Medicinal Chemistry, NIPER Hyderabad, 2014-2016.
B. Pharm, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi-2010-14.
Assistant professor- April 12, 2022 to till now- Galgotias University, Greater Noida.
“Coumarin-based histidine derivatives and the uses thereof.” Shams Aaghaz, Naziya Neshat, Abdul Nasir, Ozair Alam, GSN Koteswara Rao, Mohd. Imran. Indian Patent, Application no. 202211055813, F.D:-28-09-2022.
1. Shams Aaghaz, Komal Sharma, Indresh K Maurya, Shreya Singh, Shivaprakash M Rudramurthy,
Vinod Kumar, Kulbhushan Tikoo, Rahul Jain. “Anticryptococcal activity and mechanistic investigation
of histidine rich short peptides” J. Mol. Struct. 2023- Just Accepted [Scopus] [IF: 3.84]
2. Shams Aaghaz, Komal Sharma, Indresh K Maurya, Shreya Singh, Shivaprakash M Rudramurthy,
Vinod Kumar, Kulbhushan Tikoo, Rahul Jain. “Synthetic, anticryptococcal and mechanistic studies of
short amphipathic peptides” Arch. Pharm. 2023- Just Accepted [Scopus] [IF: 4.61]
3. Komal Sharma, Shams Aaghaz, Indresh K Maurya, Krishna K Sharma, Shreya Singh, Shivaprakash M
Rudramurthy, Vinod Kumar, Kulbhushan Tikoo, Rahul Jain. “Synthetic amino acids-derived peptides
target Cryptococcus neoformas by inducing cell membrane disruption.” Bioorg. Chem. 2023, 130,
106252. [Scopus] [IF: 5.27]
4. Komal Sharma, Shams Aaghaz, Indresh K Maurya, Shreya Singh, Shivaprakash M Rudramurthy,
Vinod Kumar, Kulbhushan Tikoo, Rahul Jain. “Antimicrobial evaluation and mechanistic investigations
of membrane active short synthetic peptides-based amphiphiles." Bioorg. Chem. 2022, 127, 106002.
[Scopus] [IF: 5.27]
5. Shams Aaghaz, Komal sharma, Rahul Jain, Ahmed Kamal. “β-Carbolines as an anticancer agents”.
Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2021, 216, 113321. [Scopus] [IF: 6.82]
6. Shams Aaghaz, Vivek Gohel and Ahmed Kamal. “Peptides As Potential Anticancer Agents”. Curr.
Top. Med. Chem. 2019, 19, 1491-1511. [Scopus] [IF: 3.29]
7. Komal Sharma, Shams Aaghaz, Kitika Shenmar and Rahul Jain. “Short antimicrobial peptides”.
Recent patents on Anti-Infective Drug Discovery. 2018, 13, 15-22. [Scopus] [IF: 1.50]
8. Naim Mohd Javed, Md Jahangir Alam, Farah Nawaz, V. G. M. Naidu, Shams Aaghaz, Meeta Sahu,
Nadeem Siddiqui and Ozair Alam. "Synthesis, molecular docking and anti-diabetic evaluation of 2,
4-thiazolidinedione based amide derivatives." Bioorg. Chem. 2017, 73, 24-36. [Scopus] [IF: 5.27]
9. Digwal Chander Singh, Upasana Yadav, Akash P. Sakla, PV Sri Ramya, Shams Aaghaz and Ahmed
Kamal. "VOSO4 catalyzed highly efficient synthesis of benzimidazoles, benzothiazoles, and
quinoxalines." Tetrahedron Lett. 2016, 57, 4012-4016. [Scopus] [IF: 2.41]
POSTER PRESENTATION AND CONFERENCES: (>10)
Attended and presented his work in many international and national conferences. Such as PhenBiopharma Symposium: Peptide Quantification and Identification using LC-HRMS in Collaboration with SCIEX India. August 12, 2020. 7th International Congress of Society for Ethanopharmacology, India. At Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, Febuary 15-17, 2020. International Conference on New development in drug discovery from Natural products and Traditional Medicines. Organised by NIPER, S.A.S. Nagar, Punjab, India. November 15-17, 2018. Participated in oral and poster presentation at INTER-NIPER SCIENTIFIC, SPORTS AND CULTURAL MEET organized by NIPER, S.A.S Nagar. February 21-25, 2018. International conference on chemistry for human development, organised by Calcutta University. January 8-10, 2018. One Day Symposium towards Future Collaborative Researches between NIPER, S.A.S. Nagar and Shizuoka University, Japan. October 27. 2017. Seven days conference on Chemical Biology and Drug Discovery organised by Punjab University, Chandigarh & Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. October 24-30, 2017. International Conference on Biochemistry, Nutrition & Pharmacy in Human Welfare: Recent trends and Future Challenges, Osmania University. Hyderabad, India. September 3-5, 2015 (1st Best Poster Award).
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
Qualified NIPER Ph.D. JEE 2016 (AIR 6), NIPER JEE 2014 (AIR 188), GPAT 2014 (AIR 395)