Dr. Pinki Chakraborty is currently working as Assistant Professor in School of Basic and Applied Sciences. She has total experience of more than 5 years of teaching and 6 years in research and has been associated with Galgotias University since 2018. She has completed her
Bachelors, Masters in Chemistry from Hans Raj College, University of Delhi and has completed her PhD. Degree in Inorganic Chemistry under the guidance of Professor Rajamani Nagarajan from Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi. She has received CSIR-UGC JRF and SRF in the year of 2012 and 2015 respectively. She exhibits an honest work ethic with the ability to excel in dynamically paced, time-sensitive environment and her passion is to adapt different design, pedagogies and thinking principles while delivering her lectures to inculcate among the students the ability to understand and absorb the underlying concepts of a course and simultaneously to develop the innovative thinking and evaluation of their problem-solving skills so as to make them successful researchers and entrepreneurs who can serve the society and can be an active part of sustainable growth of human community. She always put her efforts towards the holistic development of her students. She has played an active part in various administrative roles at both school and central level and in the year of (2019-2020) she has been awarded appreciation for her coordination in online teaching sector at university level. To her credit she has published more than 10 international publications, abstracts and proceedings and have published 4 book chapters and two patents. Currently she is guiding one PhD research scholar and have guided several undergraduates and post graduate students in their thesis in the university. She has also been a part of the editorial and reviewing committees of various international journals.
- 5.5 years of teaching experience and 6 years of research experience
- PhD in Inorganic and Material Chemistry
- MSc Chemistry
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry
Award & Recognition
- Editorial Board member of American Journal of Applied Chemistry (AJAC), ISSN Print: 2330-8753 and ISSN Online: 2330-8745 (2022-2024).
- IEEE International Conference on Interdisciplinary Approaches in Technology and Management for Social Innovation (IATMSI-2022).
- Letter of appreciation from Swayam-Nptel for appreciating performance as SPOC (2019-2021)
- ‘Kalp young scientist award’ in the field of ‘Inorganic Chemistry’ for the publication ‘Multifaceted Perspectives and Advancements of CO2 Capturing Switchable Polarity Solvents and Supercritical Solvents’ (2022).
- Recipient of UGC-SRF fellowship from 2015-2017
- Certificate of merit from Environmental Society, Hans Raj College, University of Delhi
- Awarded 1st prize for excellent oral presentation in ‘National Seminar on Advances in Polymer Science and Technology’ March 9 and 10, 2016.
- Certificate awarded for oral presentation lecture in Prof. Amarnath Maitra Memorial Seminar, Chemistry Department, University of Delhi.
- Recipient of Best Performance certificate in CBSE ‘Chatra Pratibha Award’ in 2004.
- Certificate from National Science Olympiad, 2002, February, 2002.
- Have participated and presented research papers in various National and International conferences & have published 10 papers and 3 abstracts in various international journals. Have published one utility and one design patent and have filed 2 utility patents.
- Have published 4 book chapters and is an editorial and was a part of advisory/reviewing committee for various international and on-line journals. In her tenure till now she has guided 6 undergraduate and 4 post graduate students and currently guiding one PhD scholar.
- Swayam-Nptel certification in the course named ‘TALG’ (Teaching and Learning In general Programs).
- Received silver medal in the course of ‘Accreditation and Outcome Based Learning’ Swayam-Nptel certification
- Have done 5-day faculty development certification in ‘R-programming’ and ‘Python 3.4.3’.
- Swayam-Nptel certification in the course named ‘Basics in Inorganic Chemistry’.
- Have done faculty development certification in ‘Accelerating Innovations In Material Science’.
- Have done Atal academy training program on ‘Green Technology and sustainability Engineering’.
Area of Interest
- Material chemistry
- Nano chemistry and nanotechnology
- Polymer chemistry
- Environmental chemistry
- Surfactant chemistry
- Recent Study on Novel Layered Zn-Y Hydroxide and their UV Properties by Intercalation of Organic Aliphatic and Aromatic UV-Absorbent Molecules, Pinki Chakraborty, Poonam Singh, Jyoti Singh and Achala Tripathi.
- CO2-triggered switchable polarity solvents and their advancements January 2022, DOI:10.1016/B978-0-12-819850-6.00008-5 In book: Green Sustainable Process for Chemical and Environmental Engineering and Science (pp.149-156).
- Biofuel Extraction Techniques’ book (2022): Role of CO2 Triggered Switchable Polarity Solvents and Supercritical Solvents during Biofuel Extraction.
- Biomaterials in Food Packaging, book (2022): Upsurgence of Bio-Based Packaging Materials: Emphasis on Biodegradable Plastics as a Greener Alternative.
- Certificate of excellence in reviewing in ‘Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International’ (2022).
- Certificate of excellence in reviewing in ‘Journal of Material Science Research and Reviews’ (2021).
- Advisory Committee member of ICIMA 2021, 28-29 April 2021.
- Certificate of excellence in reviewing in ‘Asian Journal of Medical Case Reports’ (2022).
- Certificate of excellence in reviewing in ‘Ophthalmology Research: An International Journal’ (2022).