Dr. Monika Bansal is currently working as Associate Professor in the School of Computing Science and Engineering. She has total experience of more than 10 years of teaching and 6 years of research. She has been associated with Galgotias University since August 2022. She is firm Believer of productivity and efficiency in work. She exhibits an honest work ethic with the ability to excel in fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. Being a passionate teacher, she believes that teaching is not merely restricted to making the students understand the underlying concepts of a course but also to develop critical thinking and evaluate alternate approaches for problem solving. She always put her efforts towards the overall developments of her students. She has written and published many papers in top national and international conferences such as CODS-COMAD conference (third-tier conference in computer science ranking), ANTS and IKE. In addition, she has published papers in many SCI/SCIE and Scopus indexed journals with high impact factor (i.e., greater than 5) such as IP&M and neurocomputing. She has reviewed many conference and journal papers in her career. She has convened/organized many conferences, seminars, and co-curricular/Extracurricular events in her career for the benefit of students.
- 12 years of teaching experience
- 6 years of research experience
Award & Recognition
- Qualified UGC NET Exam of Lectureship
- Student Grants: Travel grants for presenting work at IKE Conference, Las Vegas, New York, NY, USA (2021)
- Student Grants: Travel grants for presenting work at CODS-COMAD (2018), IIIT Hyderabad, India.
- Shiv Nadar Fellowship Ph.D. Fellowship for 4 years (2016-2020) in lieu of RA and TA duties
- I have written six papers in my Ph.D. and published them in top conferences such as CODS-COMAD conference (third-tier conference in computer science ranking), IKE, ANTS and journals with high impact factor (i.e., greater than 5) such as IP&M and neurocomputing.
- Course on ’5G wireless communication networks: fundamentals and implementation issue’ organised by National Institute of Technology (NIT), Kurukshetra.
- Course on ’Scientific Research Methodology Using Matlab’ organised by Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies (RDIAS), Delhi.
- Workshop on ’Computer Networking’ organised by Indian Institute of Technology(IIT), Bombay.
- Course on ’Cloud Computing’ organised by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training & Research (NITTTR), Chandigarh.
- Faculty Development Programme on ’Research Methodology and Tools for Management & IT (RMIMIT-2013)’ organised by Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies (RDIAS), Delhi.
- Workshop on ’Data Mining and Semantic web’ organised by Delhi Institute of Advanced Studies (DIAS), Delhi.
- Faculty Development Programme on ’Mobile Architecture and Application Development for Symbian based Devices’ organised by Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Information Technology (BSCIIT), Delhi.
Area of Interest
- Machine Learning and Data Analytics
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Networks and Internet of Things
- Real-world Networks and their structures