Dr. Bushra Khatoon is currently working as an Assistant Professor in School of Basic and Applied Sciences. She has total experience of more than 1.5 years of teaching in Statistics and has been associated with Galgotias University since 2021. After completing M.Sc. degree in Statistics (Gold Medallist), she completed her Ph.D. in Statistics from Aligarh Muslim University with thesis title “Use of Ordered Random Variables in Estimation Theory”. She was the meritorious student throughout her student life. She is firm Believer of productivity and efficiency in work. Being a passionate teacher, she believes that teaching is not merely restricted to making the students understand the underlying concepts of a course but also to develop critical thinking and evaluate alternate approaches for problem solving and applying in practical world. She always put her efforts towards the overall developments of her students.
- More than 1 and half years of teaching experience.
- Ph. D. in Statistics
- M.Sc. in Statistics
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Statistics
IT Skills and Software’s:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Programming and Statistical packages/software’s R, SPSS, MATLAB, MINITAB, SciLab and Mathematica.
- Basic idea of FORTRON.
- Good knowledge of LATEX software.
Award & Recognition
- Gold Medallist (M.Sc. Statistics) in 2014 from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh.
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2016 in Mathematics.
- Awarded by Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF) in 2014-2015 granted by University Grant Commission (UGC), India.
- Worked as MANF-JRF from 13 January 2015 to 12 January 2017 and MANF-SRF from 13 January 2017 to 12 January 2020.
- Awarded by PG merit scholarship, Faculty of Science (Aligarh Muslim University scholarship awarded only few meritorious students on the basis of written exam) in M.Sc. 2012-2014.
- Awarded Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship given by Maulana Azad Education Foundation, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India in 2006. (Awarded only meritorious female students on the basis of marks in class X)
- Food proctor in Abdullah hall, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh in the session 2011-2012.
- Participated in state level debate competition in 2008 and won 3rd price.
- Runner up in inter class cricket tournament in Women’s college, A.M.U. Aligarh in 2010.
- Participated in poetry writing competition and won first prize in inter hall competition, Indira Gandhi hall, A.M.U. Aligarh in 2014.
- Actively participated in various sports and games like volley ball, hand ball, Kho-Kho, Relay race and other games competitions and won many times in the hall of residents and university sports weeks.
- Experienced two-year National Cadet Core (NCC) and successfully completed “B” (2011) and “C” (2012) certificate.
- Participated in “one week Faculty Development Program” in 2023.
Area of Interest:
- Statistical Inference, Estimation problems (Classical as well as Bayesian) based on ordered data (Order statistics; Record values; Progressively censored order statistics; Generalized order statistics; Dual generalized order statistics)
- Reliability theory
- Moments of ordered random variables
- Data analysis
- Applied Statistics
- Mathematical statistics (Probability and probability distributions)
- Statistical quality control
- Design of experiment
- Linear Programming Problems
- Linear Algebra
- Multivariable Calculus
Projects and Works:
- Survey project entitled “Effect of Technology on Education” in 2013-2014 under the supervision of Prof. Qazi Mazhar Ali for the partial fulfilment of the degree of M.Sc. Statistics.
- Survey project entitled “Generation Gap: Myth or Reality” in 2011-2012 under the supervision of Dr. Bushra Hussain for the partial fulfilment of the degree of B.Sc. (Hons.) Statistics.
- Khan, M.J.S. and Bushra Khatoon (2019). Classical and Bayesian Estimation of stress-strength reliability from generalized inverted exponential distribution based on upper records. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operations Research, 15(3), 547-561. SCOPUS and ESCI. ISSN: 1816-2711.
- Khan, M.J.S. and Bushra Khatoon (2020): Statistical inferences of R=P(XAnnals of Data Science, 7, 525-545. SCOPUS. ISSN: 2198-5804.
- Bushra Khatoon, Khan, M.J.S. and Zubdahe Noor (2021). Moments of dual generalized order statistics from inverted Kumaraswamy distributions and related inferences. Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications, 20(2), 251-266. SCOPUS and ESCI. ISSN: 1538-7887.
- Bushra Khatoon, Khan, M.J.S., Khan, M.A.R. and Sharma, A. (2021). On moments and entropy of Kumaraswamy power function distribution based on generalized order statistics with its application. Journal of Statistics Applications & Probability, 10(3), 743-758. SCOPUS. ISSN 2090-8423.
- Durre Shahwar, Zeba Khan and Bushra Khatoon (2022). Trans-generational response of TiO2 Nanoparticles in inducing variability and changes in the biochemical pool of Lentil F2 progenies. Journal of Biosciences, 47:35, 1-17. DOI: 10.1007/s12038-022-00268-5.SCI and SCOPUS. ISSN: 0973-7138.
- Singh, G.N., Usman, M. and Bushra Khatoon (2022). Some general classes of efficient estimators in case of missing data. Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice. 16(21), 1-32. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s42519-022-00252-0SCOPUS. ISSN: 1559-8616.
- Bushra Khatoon, Khan, M.J.S., Sharma, A. and Dey, S. (2023): Moments and inferences of Power Lindley distribution based on generalized order statistics with application. Communicated.
Papers Presented in Conferences:
- Presented paper entitled as on generalized order statistics from Kumaraswamy distribution and Kumaraswamy power function distribution in VII National Seminar on Optimization, Inference, Sampling and Related Areas (Under SAP DRS-II), Department of Statistics & Operations Research, A.M.U., Aligarh, March, 9-10, 2019.
- Presented paper entitled as Estimation of multicomponent stress-strength reliability for proportional hazard rate model based on progressive type-II censored order statistics in International conference on Emerging Innovation in Statistics and Operations Research (EISOR-2018), Department of Statistics, M.D. University, Rohtak, December, 27-30, 2018.
- Presented paper entitled as Statistical inferences of stress-strength reliability of proportional hazard rate model based on generalized order statistics in VIII International Symposium on Statistics and Optimization (ISSAC-2016), Department of Statistics & Operations Research, A.M.U., Aligarh, December, 17-19, 2016.
- Presented paper entitled as Statistical inferences of stress-strength reliability of exponential distribution based on generalized order statistics in International Conference on Statistics and Related Areas for Equity, Sustainability and Development (SRAESD-2015), Department of Statistics, University of Lucknow, Lucknow, November,28-30, 2015.
Seminars, Workshops and Conferences Attended:
- Participated in one week training program on Nature Inspired Optimization Techniques and Research paper Writing using LATEX software, Department of Electrical Engineering, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, March 16-22, 2017.
- Participated in one week Workshop on Computational Statistics, Interdisciplinary Statistical Research Unit, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata, March 19-23, 2018.
- Participated in one day workshop on Mendeley held on Prof. M.N. Farooqui Computer Centre, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, January, 28, 2018.
- Attended a five days e-lecture series on Mathematics in data science: Latest industrial exposures and grooming scopes, jointly organized by Department of Mathematics, Raidighi college and Department of Mathematics and department of Computer science, Sonarpur Mahavidyalaya, October, 14-18, 2020.
- Attended a V National Conference on Statistical Inference, Sampling Techniques and Related Areas (Under DRS-(SAP-I) Program) held on Department of Statistics & Operations Research, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, March, 24-25, 2015.
- Attended a National Webinar on Recent Trends in Statistical Research, organized by Department of Mathematics, Janki Devi Memorial College, University of Delhi on August, 27, 2021.