Dr. Alka Munjal is currently working as Assistant Professor in School of Basic and Applied Science. She has total experience of more than 4 years of teaching Mathematics and has been associated with Galgotias University since August 2022. She is firm Believer of productivity and efficiency in work. She Exhibits an honest work ethic with the ability to excel in fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. Being a passionate teacher, she believes that teaching is not merely restricted to making the students understand the underlying concepts of a course but also to develop critical thinking and evaluate alternate approaches for problem solving. She always put her efforts towards the overall developments of her students. She has convened/organized more than 4 co-curricular/Extracurricular events for the benefit of students in the past 4 years.
- Presently Working as Assistnat Professor in Galgotias University, Greater Noida.
- Three years teaching experience at Akal University Talwandi Sabo, Bathinda, Punjab, India (July-2019-Till now).
- One year teaching experience at G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand.
(Sem 1 - 23.07.2013 to 18.12.2013 and Sem 2 - 21.01.2014 to 21.5.2014).
- Subjects taught - Agricultural Mathematics,
Engineering Mathematics (I, II & III),
B.Sc. Mathematics Course Work
M.Sc. Mathematics Course Work
- 9-year research experience
- Ph.D. (Mathematics) NIT Kurukshetra2014-2021Ist Division
- M.Sc. (Mathematics) G. B. Pant University of Agri. & Tech.
(Gold Medalist) 2011-2013Ist Division
- B.Sc. (Mathematics) Kumaun University2008-2011Ist Division
- 12th Uttarakhand Board2008Ist Division
- 10th Uttarakhand Board2006Ist Division
Award & Recognition
- U. G. Scholarship during 2009-2011.
- Award of Graduate Teaching/ Research Assistantship during 2012-2013.
- DST-INSPIRE Fellowship, Department of Science and Technology (GOI) during 2014-2019.
- She has presented Research papers in various National and International conferences &more than 30 Papers Published in various National, international & On -Line Journals.
- Major Research Completed:
- Some Problems on Linear Methods of Summation (Ph.D) (October 22, 2021)
- Reliability Analysis of Repairable Systems with k-out-of-m: G Subsystems (M.Sc.) (2013)
- Reliability Testing (M. Sc.) (2012)
- Lecture on “Reliability Testing of the System” in International Workshop on “Advances in Mathematics using Research Tools” (AMURT-2022) organized by Akal University Tawandi Sabo on March 25th-26th, 2022.
- Hand-on-Session on Latex in workshop on “MATLAB and LaTeX Software” organized by Akal University Tawandi Sabo on 08/4/21 to 10/4/21.
- Hand-on-Session on “MAPLE Software” in International Workshop on “Advances in Mathematics using Research Tools” (AMURT-2022) organized by Akal University Tawandi Sabo on March 25th-26th, 2022.
Area of Interest
Summability Theory, Functional Analysis, Approximation Theory, Operator Theory, Real Analysis, Reliability Analysis.
Book Title: Algebra, Analysis and Associated Topics (Publish in Febraury).
Publisher: Springer Nature Switzerland AG, Gewerbestrasse 11, 6330 Cham, Switzerland
Convener of the Events:
- 2-Days International Workshop on "Advances in Mathematics using Research Tools" (AMURT-2022) organized by Akal University Tawandi Sabo on March 25th-26th, 2022.
- National Mathematics Day organized by Akal University Tawandi Sabo on February 15th, 2022. It is catalyzed and supported by NCSTC, DST, GOI & PSCST.
3-Days workshop on “MATLAB and LaTeX Software” organized by Akal University Tawandi Sabo on 08/4/21 to 10/4/21.
- American Mathematical Society
- Internal Journal of Mathematics, Engineering and Management Sciences
1-year Membership of IEEE (Membership No. 94514516)
- Convener of Department Activities (Seminar Organization, Workshop Organization, Mathrix Society Responsibilities etc.)
- Participated in various cultural and sports activities held at Hostel level.
- Involved in social service and blood donation camp organized by NSS.
- Member of P. G. Society.
- Participated in university level competitions.