Akshata Sawant has 12 + years of experience in film making, teaching, strategic public and
media relations for renowned production houses, ad agencies and institutes. She is currently associated with Galgotias University, Greater Noida as Assistant Professor.
She was part of MIT WPU School of Media & Journalism from 2019 till June 2021 as assistant
professor. She was teaching Advertising, Public Relations, Crisis Management, Entrepreneurship skills, Event Management. She actively participated in an event organised by
MIT-WPU. She took the initiative under the Dean’s guidance to make the first short film under the School of Media & Journalism which won 30 plus awards nationally and internationally.
She has worked with a couple of Production houses, Advertising and Event agencies prior to
teaching jobs as freelancer, coming from industry and teaching background, she has
knowledge about how the educational institute operates as well as the industry traits.
She has worked as Visiting faculty in Dnayanasahdhana College and VIVA college, Mumbai, where she was assigned with Production Management and Television Genre and Format, TV and Film direction.
Throughout her career, she has been recognized for devising and implementing effective
communication plans to create positive organizational exposure. With success in film making and influencing public perceptions, team spirit and shaping young minds, she is prepared to enhance the reputation of your organization.
- PG in Mass Communication (TV Production), ISBJ, MIT, Pune
- BMM( Mass Media - Advertising), Rizvi College (Mumbai University)
Award & Recognition
- 30 plus National & International Awards for short film “My Family”
- Best Director Award.
- Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Language Marathi – First Division
- Research on target audience for short film project.
- Working on “Glorification of Real Time Villains by Reel Heroes”.
- Attended a seminar on “Content Hub”, Mumbai, 2020
- Voice Modulation Course by Noel Keymer, Mumbai.
- Acting and direction workshop by RDG productions
- Bhosale Military Training School.
Area of Interest
- Film making, Public Relations and Advertising.
- Member of WIFPA, Mumbai as Film Production Manager.
- Worked on award winning short films and ad films.