- Dr. Seema Ghanghas, Associate Professor, Department of Management, SOB
The highlights of the session were as follows
- Need for Technology in HRM- Why & Consequences
- TQM HRM approaches
- What HR Manager can do?
The term 'Technology impact of HRM' refers to the aggregate of conditions, events and influences that surround and affect it.
Need for technology in HRM- Relevance & Consequences
- New skills required
- Collaborative work
- Internet and intranet revolution
HR - Manager can facilitate the introduction and implementation of TQM in several ways:
- Identify uses of TQM techniques
- Develop communication systems for introducing TQM and improve quality awareness.
- Select and train people carefully so that they possess requisite skills for implementing TQM.
- Match appraisals to TQM philosophy.
- Institute reward schemes for scaling new heights through TQM.
- Carry out employee attitude and organizational climate surveys that highlight weak spots.
- Point attention toward rectification efforts.
- Conduct quality and ethics audits.
- Benchmark TQM applications with the best players in competing units and find ways to get ahead continually.
- Treat TQM as a systematic and continuous way of doing business.
- Top management must adopt the principles and language of quality, follow the processes, set examples and guide others. Role of HR in a virtual organization
- Psychological fit
- System alignment
- Reconsider rewards