The Faculty Development Program from 24 Feb to 26 Feb, 2019 on &ldquoIUCEE International Engineering Educators' Certification Program&rdquo was organized by Galgotias University, Greater Noida in collaboration with Indo Universal Collaboration for Engineering Education (IUCEE).Indo Universal Collaboration for Engineering Education (IUCEE) was conceptualized by over 150 leaders of engineering education and businesses from US and India in 2007. IUCEE is one of the founder members of IFEES (International Federation for Engineering Education Societies), which was the primary facilitator for the growth and development of IUCEE.
A formal inauguration of FDP started with lightening of lamp by the honorable Vice Chancellor Prof Renu Luthra, Vice-chancellor, Galgotias University, Dr. Veena Kumar, Director of IIEECP, Deans and dignitaries. In her inaugural address, Prof Renu Luthra stressed upon the paradigm changes in teaching and learning and the importance of using online tools for teaching and evaluation in present days. She also shared her views with the faculty participants that if faculty wants to develop themselves and their students, then attending such faculty development programs would enhance their skills of teaching concepts practically.Dr. Tapas Kumar Gorai has welcomed all the dignitaries and delegates. In his welcome speech, he highlighted the importance and objectives of organizing this faculty development programs.
This IUCEE International Engineering Educators Certification Program (IIEECP) is offered in a blended format, including face-to-face sessions, as well as asynchronous on- line modules coupled with regular synchronous on-line sessions.This course was aimed for teachers who are teaching various disciplines of engineering subjects in colleges or Universities. There were 30 number of participants registered for this programme from different department of engineering at Galgotias University.
This FDP was served as a beginning of transformation in individual teaching abilities as well as contribution to Outcomes Based Education.The FDP addresses the various aspects of Teaching - Learning Objectives and promotes student centric effective teaching-learning pedagogy among the participants.
- To implement effective teaching strategies resulting from improving rapport with students developed through an appreciation of the learning needs and learning styles of millennial learners
- To manage student motivation and attention span, thereby impacting personal teaching style and professional confidence
- To better plan course content and delivery resulting from a better understanding of course design principles
- To formulate course objectives based on understanding and applying Blooms Taxonomy, and relate these to program outcomes
- To create a dynamic classroom using the variety of active learning strategies learnt and practiced
- To improve the quality of tests and quizzes substantially based on a deeper awareness of effective assessment principles and practices
- To create rubrics for refining evaluation process based on improved understanding of the pedagogical process
- To implement collaborative learning in order to develop real world professional skills and to build interpersonal team skills of students
- To plan for and practice harnessing technology for more effective teaching with techniques such as the flipped classroom and blended teaching.
The IIEECP program is designed and coordinated by Dr. Veena Kumar, Director of IIEECP and active member of the Board of IUCEE. She is a professor at the University of Maryland University College and was earlier professor and chair, education technology, IIT Delhi. An experienced educator, she has vast experience in curriculum development, on-line instruction and teacher training in France, India and USA.The FDP concluded by a valedictory session and the programme was successfully conducted with a lot of positive and commendable feedback from every participant.