School of Business, Operations Division has Organized One day workshop for MBA students on 09/09/2018 on Finance GYM (GYM stands for Grow Your Money).
Event was Sponsored by L & T Mutual Funds.
Speaker and corporate Trainer Mr. Bhanu Pratap Singh ( CFPCM, MBA, Corporate trainer and a business consultant, independent consultant for various BFSI (Banking, Financial services and Insurance), author of book on Financial Planning : Time Value of Money ) stated with interactive session with students of MBA from different specialization, followed by case and ended with simulation activity.
Finance Gym Workout was an offline classroom & online simulated wealth management workshop.  It took 6 hrs to conduct this program, 1st half covered all the fundamental and technical knowledge about various financial products (stock, bonds, fixed income, bank deposits, savings schemes, insurance, mutual funds etc.)
The classroom activities and sessions covered
- Goal-based financial planning
- Asset allocation and diversification
- Purpose of different types of financial products &ndash stocks, bonds, mutual funds, insurance, etc. &ndash in an investment portfolio
- Analysing a mutual fund factsheet and evaluating Debt and Equity Mutual Funds
- Practical aspects of buying life insurance Tax planning.
while in 2nd half the students played an online simulated wealth management game, in which they worked in teams and learn how to invest in various financial products to do prudent financial planning. The Finance GYM game is an online interactive game, in which the students created and managed a virtual portfolio with real investment products to achieve the financial goals they have been given. By playing this game, they learnt the basics of financial planning, including basic financial terminology, setting financial goals, asset allocation strategy, pros and cons of different financial products, and tax planning It was totally different than the other stock investment training, as it dealt with complete financial planning of individuals. Stocks knowledge is a part of financial planning thus, it was more holistic in knowledge base building of students.
In this workshop the students learnt about how to manage their finances before they enter the workforce and start earning money.
spot prizes worth Rs. 3,000 to 1st rank team ( Kajal Garg and team ) and Rs. 2,000 to 2nd rank team (Vibhor Gaur and team) was given.
The student feedback has been very positive:
- 90% of the students learnt to manage money with the Finance GYM ONLINE game and would recommend the sessions to their friends.
- 95% of the students plan to start investing after learning the importance of starting early with Finance GYM.
Some comments from the students
- &ldquoA great opportunity to learn the real-life scenarios through a virtual game&rdquo
- &ldquoGood discussion forum. Very practical approach. These types of sessions should be more frequent&rdquo &ldquoHelpful in getting practical knowledge through live examples and interactive sessions&rdquo
- &ldquoThe Finance GYM session taught me the importance of investing early&rdquo
- &ldquoHelpful information given to us regarding investments. Eye opening & wise sessions. Thanks!&rdquo
- &ldquoThe sudden twist and changes in the game were fun. The element of surprise was interesting&rdquo