School of Basic & Applied Sciences Back
M.Sc in Forensic Sciences
Forensic science is primarily concerned with the application of scientific principles for the investigation of crime. Forensic science is the acquisition and analysis of scientific data for application to the study and resolution of crime, investigation, civil and regulatory issues, and criminal identification. Using the very latest in technology, forensic scientists convert the clues collected from a crime scene into evidence admissible in a court of law. It is the use or application of science in courts or legal proceedings. This is a challenging and interesting field for those who have are inquisitive and loves adventure.
- Duration- 2 years
B.Sc. in Forensic Science, Basic Health or Allied Science with 50% marks in aggregate
- Public Forensic Science Laboratories as Medical Examiner, Laboratory Analyst
- Banks and Insurance Agencies: HSBC, CITI Bank, ICICIC, HDFC etc
- Detective and Security Agencies like Secret Watch Detective, Top Secret Detective Agency
- Pharmaceutical Companies: Dr. Reddy’s, Pfizer, GSK, CIPLA, Novartis etc.
- Testing Laboratories: DTH, SRL Ranbaxy