Under Graduate Programs
B.Sc Cardiovascular Technology
Optimal delivery of cardiovascular health care is based on the safe use of the equipments and devices. This necessitates development of a cadre consisting of science graduates, who obtain focused, relevant knowledge in the specific area of cardiovascular technology. This program enables students to acquire skills for management of various cardiac disorders having complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, which involve use of various equipments, computer hardware, tools, machines, and pharmacological agents. Student will be able to apply specialized occupational theory, skills and concepts to work independently as qualified cardiovascular technologist.
- Physiology and Biochemistry related to Cardiac Technology
- Clinical Features and Treatment of Diseases related to Cardiac Technology
- Basic Electrocardiography
- Computer usage relevant to Cardiac Technology
- Cardiac catheterization laboratory.
XIIth with Physics Chemistry & Biology with 50% marks
The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) Minimum 50% in B.Sc CVT Ist year
2) XIIth with Physics Chemistry & Biology with 50% marks
|Duration||3 years+ 1yr (Internship)|
Opportunity exists in the area of after successful completion of the course they can be placed as Doctors in hospitals in cardiology department, cardiac rehabilitation centers and clinics testing patients for heart problems, consultants as well as run their own clinic, government health sector, defense service, Scientists in cardiology, teaching Faculty.
To be known globally as a centre of excellence for medical & allied education, innovation, interdisciplinary research and practice for enhancing health.
- M1: Establish state of art facilities for excellent medical & allied education and interdisciplinary research.
- M2: Collaborate with health care sector professionals to align curriculum and develop strong foundation for fundamental & practice health.
- M3: Involve students in community health programmes to develop lifelong learning and communication skills.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO 1: Work as cardiovascular technicians assisting and working under cardiologists and cardiac surgeons in main stream cardiac hospitals / heart health centres.
- PEO 2: Pursue further studies as postgraduate in advanced cardiac sonography, certified cardiovascular technician, rhythm analysis technician, congenital cardiac sonographer, registered vascular specialist, cardiac invasive specialist and PhD programmes in institutions of repute.
- PEO 3: Inculcate effective communication skill, good patient bedside manners, leadership qualities and good work ethics to pursue a successful career in cardiac healthcare.
- PEO 4: Work as cardiac perfusionists and cardiac catheterization technicians at cardiac cath labs in cardiac hospitals.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1. Thinking Abilities
Utilize the principles of scientific enquiry, thinking analytically, clearly and critically while solving problems and making decisions during daily practice. Identify correct procedural errors, identify instrument malfunctions and seek proper supervisory assistance and verify the accuracy of laboratory results obtained. (K3)
- PO2. Planning Abilities
Demonstrate effective planning abilities including time management, resource management, delegation skills and organizational skills. Develop and implement plans and organize work to meet deadlines. (K3)
- PO3. Communication
Communicate effectively with society at large, develop professional conduct and interpersonal communication skills with patients, laboratory personnel, other health care professionals, and with the public. (K4)
- PO4. The Cardiovascular Technologist and society:
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety and legal issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional cardiovascular practice.(K3)
- PO5. Cardiovascular Technology Ethics
Honor personal values and apply ethical principles in professional and social contexts. Demonstrate behavior that recognizes cultural and personal variability values, communication and lifestyles. Perform within the guidelines of the code of ethics established by state and local regulatory groups. Use ethical frameworks, apply ethical principles while making decisions and take responsibility for the outcomes associated with the decisions. (K3)
- PO6. Environment and sustainability
Understand the impact of the professional cardiovascular technology solutions in environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of need for sustainable development. (K3).
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1. Cardiovascular Technology Knowledge: Possess basic knowledge and comprehension about Cardiovascular Technology which includes noninvasive diagnostic tests like echocardiography, treadmill testing, electrocardiography etc, and invasive diagnostic testing procedures like cardiac catheterization and perfusion. (K4)
- PSO2. Modern Cardiovascular Technology usage: Learn, select, and apply appropriate methods and procedures, resources, and modern cardiovascular-related computing tools with an understanding of the limitations to operate and maintain laboratory equipments. (K3)
- PSO3. Professional Identity: Understand, analyze and communicate the value of their professional roles in society (e.g. health care professionals, promoters of health, educators, managers, employers, employees).(K5)