School of Computing Science & Engineering Back
The MCA (Master of Computer Applications) program will challenge the intellect and augment knowledge in various subjects in Computer Applications. This program is customized for students aspiring to be skilled in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology. This program aids the students to get a sound understanding in computer applications to help them have a perfect start for challenging careers in the field of Information Technology.
The program has been designed to impart advanced knowledge in various areas of Computer Applications. It has been designed in such a way that student can complete it based on their advanced coursework. The structure of this program fosters a highly varied learning orientation in students by balancing core courses, advanced elective courses and a substantial dissertation or project. The structure of this program is revised in a way to cope up with the advances in the field. This program will impart employability and creativity to the students so that they live up to the standards of the IT industry.
During this program, an effective Industry - Institute interaction is achieved through seminars, workshops and guest lectures. This encourages the proficient symposium between the students and the participating managers from the industry. In addition, it also provides the students a chance to visualize their roles in the industry beforehand. It thus, enhances knowledge of the students by interacting with the Industry skills, and their leadership qualities.
- Duration-3 Years
|Mathematical Foundation for Computer Science||Programming in C|
|Digital Computer Fundamentals||Web Designing|
|Statistical Methods & Numerical Techniques||Microprocessors|
|Accounting & Financial Management||Object Oriented Paradigm with C++|
|Data & File Structure using C||Technical Communications|
|Algorithm Analysis & Design||Computer Architecture|
|Programming in JAVA||Database Management Systems|
|Operating System||Computer Networks|
|Software Engineering||Computer Graphics|
|Data Warehousing & Data Mining||Complier Construction|
BCA/Graduations with Maths, with minimum 50% marks in aggregate
For Lateral Entry:Recognised Bachelor degree of minimum 3 years duration with minimum 50% marks in BCA, B.Sc (Computer Science/Information Technology) with mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at graduate level.
Companies like Accenture, Infosys, CTS, IBM, HCL etc.
M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
Infosys, TCS, WIPRO, Accenture, Samsung Read More...
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO-1: Post Graduates of Computer Application will be successful professionals in industry, government, academia, research, entrepreneurial pursuit and consulting firms
- PEO-2: Post Graduates of Computer Application will contribute to society as broadly educated, expressive, ethical and responsible citizens with proven expertise
- PEO-3: Post Graduates of Computer Application will engage in professional activities with ethical practices in the field of Computer Application to enhance their own stature to contribute society
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PS01: Our Computer Application students will have sufficient understanding of the fundamentals of computer software to establish themselves as IT professionals.
- PS02: Our Computer Application students will be equipped with skills for a continued life-long learning, teaching and research.
- PS03: Our Computer Application students will have good communication skill, teamwork, awareness of ethics and social issues to enable them to contribute effectively in societal development.
- PS04: Our Computer Application students will make valuable contributions to design, development, production and maintenance of software applications.
- PO1: An ability to apply knowledge of computer, management, statistic and mathematics to solutions of problems associated to the discipline.
- PO2: An ability to have knowledge, skills and expertise indifferent programming language skills.
- PO3: An ability to analyze a problem, formulate and implement solutions based on computer application point of view.
- PO4: An ability to visualize and solve problems using appropriate software development strategy and standards.
- PO5: An ability to design and implement database solutions using available technologies.
- PO6: An understanding of design and working principles of the computer system.
- PO7: An ability to work effectively as an individual as well as a member of a team and provide technical and visionary leadership to others.
- PO8: An ability to apply ethical and legal issue of computer application with an awareness of social issues and responsibilities.
- PO9: In-hand Skills, expertise and Knowledge on Advanced Computing techniques like Big Data ,Open Source ,Data Mining, Soft Computing , Bio-informatics, Digital Image Processing, Cloud Computing and other recent trends in advanced computing.
- PO10: Excellent verbal communication skills with capability to work in multidisciplinary teams with positive attitude
- PO11: Acquired skills and to recognize the need for life-long learning for continuing professional development.
- PO12: An ability to devise and conduct experiments, interpret data and provide well informed conclusions