School of Finance & Commerce Back
MBA in Financial Management
The MBA (Financial Management) programme is a Two- Year full time post graduate professional programme in finance spread over four semesters leading to Master Degree in Finance designated as MBA (Financial Management). The MBA (Financial Management) programme at the School of Finance and Commerce has been designed to cater to the growing needs of corporate, banks, capital market, insurance, real estate, Multinationals, Government and Semi-Government organizations for qualified finance professionals. It is estimated that more than twenty lakhs jobs are likely to be created in next five to ten years in banking and financial sectors of Indian economy. The programme seeks to equip the participants with conceptual and analytical skills for financial decision making. The students are provided with necessary inputs in the basic areas of Managerial decision making such as Organizational Behavior, Managerial Economics, Quantitative techniques, Financial Accounting , Corporate Tax and Laws , and Information Technology, etc. and specialized knowledge and skills in various areas of Finance such as Corporate Finance, Capital Market, Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, Equity Research, Financial Services, International Finance and Accounting , Financial Derivatives and Risk Management, Project Appraisal, etc.
- Minimum of 60% marks in Bachelor Degree
- Applicants with high scores of CAT/XAT/MAT/UPSEE etc. will be given preference.
The MBA (Financial Management) programme opens a gateway to excellent career opportunities in a wide spectrum of Financial institutions, including corporate and international finance, corporate treasuries, investment analysis and portfolio management, wealth management, investment banking , merchant banking, leasing, credit rating, venture capital , mutual funds, money and capital market including stock exchanges, equity research, depository services and stock broking, real estate and commodity markets, banking and financial institutions, insurance, business and financial counseling, and other emerging areas in the financial sector.
To be one among the best known finance and commerce schools for value based education trans-disciplinary research and innovation.
- Nurture young professionals by providing strong fundamentals in accounting, auditing and finance through effective pedagogues.
- Develop solutions for seamless integration with global financial systems.
- Inspire learners to apply financial risk management and analytical skills to real world issues.
- Inspire, enable, empower aspirants to become innovative industry ready leaders in the World of Finance and Commerce.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: The MBA (FM) program will prepare the students to establish themselves as effective finance professionals by solving real problems through use of knowledge and techniques in the critical areas of finance.
- PEO 2: The program will impart professional skills that will prepare the students for immediate employment as well as for life-long learning and research in advanced areas of finance and business.
- PEO 3: The program will make the students solutions oriented and will enable them to effectively communicate the use of financial concepts and principles to address contemporary financial issues.
- PEO 4: The program will enable the students to understand the importance of ethical financial governance to the sustainability of business enterprise, and the impact of their decisions on all stakeholders.
After completion of this program, the students will be able to:
- PO 1: Apply conceptual financial knowledge to solve practical decision-making problems, both individually and as part of teams using techniques such as case analysis, projects and assignments.
- PO 2: An ability to develop a systematic understanding of finance and its impact on people, businesses and the economy.
- PO 3: An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for financial practice.
- PO 4: Ability to identify and analyze a problem, and to formulate and use the appropriate financial skills for obtaining its solution.
- PO 5: An ability to demonstrate critical awareness of market influences, increasing regulation, power of technology and social responsibility on function of finance.
- PO 6: An ability to demonstrate a critical awareness of current issues (e.g., diversity, sustainability, innovation, knowledge management, etc.) in finance which is informed by leading edged research and practice in the field.
- PO 7: An ability to use knowledge of information technology effectively by scanning, organizing, synthesizing and analyzing financial data in order to abstract meaning from information, and to share knowledge.
- PO 8: An ability to function effectively on multi-disciplinary teams (Team work).
- PO 9: An ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally (Speaking / Writing skills).
- PO 10: Ability to recognize and address financial ethical issues and values and apply them in organizational settings. (Professional integrity)