School of Medical & Allied Sciences Back
Master of Pharmacy (Pharmaceutics)
The M. Pharm. course is designed to provide students with comprehensive and practical training for a career in pharmacy. Pharmaceutics is the discipline of pharmacy that deals with all facets of the process of turning a new chemical entity (NCE) into a medication able to be safely and effectively used by patients in the community. Pharmaceutics is the science of dosage form design. The course is taught through a combination of lectures, study projects, tutorials, Practical assignments, seminars and interactive sessions.
It provides emphasis on research, clinical experience and interaction with the public. It provides training to the students with a range of skills required for effective pharmacy practice.
Duration- 2 Years
- B Pharma with 50% marks
After successful completion of the course the student will be placed in the field of -
- Production & Manufacturing
- Research & Development of Drugs in various pharmaceutical organizations
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance of drug
- Drug Regulatory Affairs Department
- Hospital Pharmacy and Community Pharmacy
- In Drug Control Department as Drug Inspectors
- Pharmaceutical Marketing
- Specialty Hospitals like Max, Apollo, Rockland etc
- Pharmaceutical Companies like CIPLA, Ranbaxy, Dr. Reddy etc
- Clinical Research like SRL Ranbaxy, Apollo etc
- Pharmaceutical Marketing for Lupin, Sun Pharma, Ranbaxy, CIPLA, Glenmark etc.
To be known globally as a centre of excellence for medical & allied education, innovation, interdisciplinary research and practice for enhancing health.
- M1: Establish state of art facilities for excellent medical & allied education and interdisciplinary research.
- M2: Collaborate with health care sector professionals to align curriculum and develop strong foundation for fundamental & practice health.
- M3: Involve students in community health programmes to develop lifelong learning and communication skills.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO1 - Knowledge: The Post-Graduates will get adequate scientific information regarding basic concepts of Pharmaceutics including Cosmetology, Specialized drug delivery systems. They will also have hands on training of practical aspects of Synthesis of APIs and its intermediates along with Formulation and Development, Analysis and Quality assurance of various pharmaceutical dosage forms including those of herbal origin as per standards of official books, WHO, and other regulatory agencies. To adapt transformation of knowledge, to convey technical competency combined with research and problem solving skills to take up Pharmacy professional positions.
- PEO2 - Professionalism: To reflect the professional, legal, ethical and social values for providing services to the society in promoting healthcare, environment and social awareness.
- PEO3 - Competency and Inventiveness: To produce Pharmacy graduates with strong fundamental & theoretical concepts and high Professional competence in Pharmaceutical Sciences with innovative approaches.
- PEO4 - Higher Education: The Pharmacy graduates shall continuously strive to expand his or her knowledge to maintain professional competence and also have been selected for higher education (Ph.D/POST-DOC) to demonstrate skills in monitoring of the National Health Programmes and Research and Development.
- PEO5 - Quality Control: The Pharmacy graduates shall be able to perform the testing and validation of the manufactured dosage form and raw materials testing according to standard prescribed by Indian Pharmacopeia.
- MPH-PEO6 - Management and marketing skill: The Pharmacy graduates are expected to be familiar process of purchase, maintain inventory and distribution with proper documentation to economic, professional issues, social behavioral and clinical sciences.
- MPH-PEO7 - To develop leadership qualities: effectively as a member of the health care team. Organized to deliver the health and family welfare services in existing socio-economic, political and cultural environment.
- Creations & Innovativeness: To sparked creativity values and research spirit for lifelong learning activities and dissemination of information as per the needs of the industry, Academics and community.
- Entrepreneurship: To imbibe substantially relevant and unique expertise to develop entrepreneurship.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO-1 Pharmacy Knowledge Possess knowledge and comprehension of the core and basic knowledge associated with the profession of Pharmacy, including biomedical sciences; pharmaceutical sciences; behavioral, social, and administrative Pharmacy sciences; and manufacturing practices.
- PO-2 Planning Abilities Demonstrate effective planning abilities including time management, resource management, delegation skills and organizational skills. Develop and implement plans and organize work to meet deadlines.
- PO-3 Problem analysis Utilize the principles of scientific enquiry, thinking analytically, clearly and critically, while solving problems and making decisions during daily practice. Find, analyze, evaluate and apply information systematically and shall make defensible decisions.
- PO-4 Modern tool usage Learn, select, and apply appropriate methods and procedures, resources, and modern Pharmacy-related computing tools with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO-5 Leadership skills Understand and consider the human reaction to change, motivation issues, leadership and team building when planning changes required for fulfillment of practice, professional and societal responsibilities. Assume participatory roles as responsible citizens or leadership roles when appropriate to facilitate improvement in health and wellbeing.
- PO-6 Professional Identity Understand, analyze and communicate the value of their professional roles in society (e.g. health care professionals, promoters of health, educators, managers, employers, employees).
- PO-7 Pharmaceutical Ethics Honour personal values and apply ethical principles in professional and social contexts. Demonstrate behavior that recognizes cultural and personal variability in values, communication and lifestyles. Use ethical frameworks; apply ethical principles while making decisions and take responsibility for the outcomes associated with the decisions.
- PO-8 Communication Communicate effectively with the Pharmacy community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports, make effective presentations and documentation, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO-9 The Pharmacist and society Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety and legal issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional Pharmacy practice.
- PO-10 Environment and sustainability Understand the impact of the of professional Pharmacy solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO-11 Life-long learning Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change. Self access and use feedback effectively from others to identify learning needs and to satisfy these needs on an ongoing basis.