School of Media & Communication Studies Back
M.A. in Journalism & Mass Communication (Academic association with ISOMES & Jagran Institute of Management & Mass Communication)
This course is specifically designed to equip students with a ‘multi skilled’ qualification appropriate for a rapidly evolving domain in which skills, career and job market are increasingly transient. The course offers a wide range of unique choices which helps to develop a practical and professional communicational skill (especially related with print, electronic media and new media).
- Duration-2 Years
Principle of Mass Communication, Print Media: Reporting & Writing, Radio, Photography, Human Rights and Media, Computer Graphics & Multimedia, Contemporary Socio-Political and Economical Issues, Film Appreciation, Video Production Technologies, Media Planning and Buying, Advanced Photography, New Media Applications, Indian constitution, Media Law and Ethics, Communication Research, Print Media: Editing & Layout-Designing, Development Communication, Television Production, Advertising & Branding, Computer Graphics and Multimedia, Multiculturalism and Media History, Online Journalism, Persuasion, Public opinion and Campaign, Project based Research Dissertation, Different Foreign Languages
Graduation with minimum 50% marks in aggregate
Journalist, Graphic Designer, Newspaper Designer, Copy Editor, Brand Manager, Public Relation Executive, Media Manager, Editor, Advertising Executive, Cameraman Photo Journalist, Communication Manager in NGOs, Video Journalist, TV anchor Production Manager, TV Producer, Radio Jockey, Radio Program Producer, Copy Writer Video Editor, Event Manger, Content Writer, Researcher, Animator, Film Maker, Script Writer, Actor, Director, News Reader, Ad Copy Writer, Cinematographer, Sub Editor, Assistant Producer, Assistant Director, Website Designer
To be known as a Premier school that nurtures creative communicators to fulfill Glocal needs.
- Establish state-of-the art Media production and other academic facilities for communication education and research.
- Evolve curriculum through involvement of all stakeholders.
- Involve aspirants in societal outreach programs through unique field exposures, internships, projects and society sensitive media productions.
- Contribute in creating media content for lifelong learning of media professionals through research, publication and other media outputs.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO1: Managerial position in Media Research and Academic industry
- PEO2: Develop & apply entrepreneurship skills
- PEO3: Leadership and Managerial Quality
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: Critical Thinking
- PO2: Effective Communication
- PO3: Social Interaction
- PO4: Effective Citizenship
- PO5: Ethics
- PO6: Environment and Sustainability
- PO7: Life-long Learning
Program Specific (PSO)
- PSO1: Message Designing for Media
- PSO2: Research Aptitude
- PSO3: Project management and finance