School of Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering Back
M.Tech. in Power Electronics and Drives
This programme trains engineers and professionals who can meet the needs of industry-power electronics and drives, power electronics applications in power systems and the transportation sector.
System Theory/Analysis of Power Electronics Circuits/Special Electromechanical Machines/ Dynamics of Electrical Machines/Solid State Control of AC and DC Drives/Fuzzy Logic/ Neural Network/Power semiconductor Devices and Modelling/Microprocessor Applications in Power Electronics/Object Oriented Programming in Power Electronics/Advanced Digital Control Systems/Power System Dynamics.
- Duration-2 Years
1) 65% PCM or above at XII level
2) Merit in Qualifying exam, IITJEE, UPSEE etc preferable
Power Grid, REC, BHEL, Spang Power, Infineon Technologies etc.
Opportunities exist in the area of design, manufacturing, system maintenance, development projects and research. The range of activities vary over a broad spectrum from power circuit design companies to power utility companies.
To be known globally as a premier Department offering value based education in Electrical and Electronics Engineering inculcating the spirit of interdisciplinary research and innovation.
- M1: Create a strong foundation on fundamentals in the areas of Electrical and Electronics Engineering through outcome based teaching learning process.
- M2: Establish state-of-the-art facilities for design and simulation.
- M3: Provide opportunities to students to work on real world problems and develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- M4: Involve the students in group activities, including those of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.