School of Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering Back
M.Tech in VLSI Design
The post-graduate program in VLSI Design aims at providing fundamental concepts related to VLSI Devices, Analog Circuits, Technology and Applications. The focus areas of the program include Digital & Analog VLSI Design, Semiconductor Devices & Modeling and IC technology & Testing of IC. The students of the program are trained to understand the complete VLSI design flow using various industry standard CAD tools to develop integrated chips for different applications. The curriculum of the program has been developed to impart knowledge on VLSI design through various program core and elective courses and improve the engineering skills of the students through project component integrated within the courses.
- Duration - 2 Years
B.E/B.Tech with minimum 60% marks or equivalent in CGPA in relevant discipline
Cadence, Texas Instruments, Nokia, Siemens, Motorola etc. Read More...
To be known globally as a premier School of Electrical, Electronics and CommunicationEngineering for value based education, interdisciplinary research, and innovation.
- M1: Create a strong foundation on fundamentals in the areas of electrical and electronicsengineering through outcome based teaching learning process.
- M2: Establish state-of- the-art facilities for design and simulation.
- M3: Provide opportunities to students to work on real world problems and developsustainable ethical solutions.
- M4: Involve the students in group activities,including those of professional bodies to developleadership and communication skills.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: Post graduates will demonstrate their knowledge in the field of VLSI designing and allied engineering.
- PEO-2: Post graduates will contribute to interdisciplinary research with the use of modern tools & emerging technologies.
- PEO-3: Post graduates will become successful leaders through effective project management and contribute to the growth & development of the organization and society.
- PEO-4: The post graduates will be involved in promoting professional and societal activities.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: An ability to independently carry out research /investigation and development work to solve practical problems
- PO2: An ability to write and present a substantial technical report/document
- PO3: Students should be able to demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program. The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the appropriate bachelor program
- PO4: An ability to function effectively as an individual or as a member or leader in a team
- PO5: An ability to keep abreast with state of art technologies through lifelong learning
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: VLSI Circuit Design : Apply the knowledge of CMOS technology including back end and front end process by focusing on various performance parameters in designing specific IC for real world problem.
- PSO2: Analog VLSI Design: Design analog signal processing and generation circuit.
- PSO2: Testing and Verification of VLSI Circuits: Testing and verification of VLSI circuits using modern tools.