School of Computing Science & Engineering Back
M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Information Security
The technological growth, the Internet, information sharing with its mobility has tremendously increased information threats to organizations and individuals making it a challenge for users and system administrators to preserve information and data. Due to the requirement of sophisticated knowledge and tools to keep systems secure, there is a big need in India and around the world for information security professionals who are well trained about the various requirements of information security. The main objective of this program is to train students to become information security professionals for the high-end jobs in security industry.
This specialized M.Tech program includes following courses:
|Information Theory and secure coding.||Foundations to Computer & Network Security.|
|Theory of Modern Cryptography.||Digital and Cyber Forensics.|
|Mobile and Cellular Network Security.||Privacy and Security in Online Social Media. /td>|
|Network Protocol Security.||Internet Security & Privacy.|
60% or above in aggregate in relevant discipline at graduation level
A career in the information Security domain & in the ventures of Digital India Initiatives will grow continually for the foreseeable future. This also means that the requirement for diverse skilled information security personnel also continues to grow tremendously. Large corporations all over the world, deal in one or more kind of data including financial data, corporate data or personal information data. Managing and securing this data is very important as a single breach may result in catastrophic losses. Hence the information security experts are required in every organization. There are literally thousands of these jobs available in today’s IT market.
Some of the career options in the information security area include:
- Application Development/Maintenance/Testing
- System Administration
- Information Security specialist
- Solution Architects
- Project Management
To be known widely as a premier department of Computer Science and Engineering for value-based education, multidisciplinary research and innovation.
The mission of the Computer Science and Engineering Department is
- Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of SCSE through OB-TLP.
- Establish state-of-the-art facilities for Analysis, Design and Implementation to develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research for developing innovative solutions. Involve the students in group activity including that of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.
- PO1. Gain advanced knowledge in wired and Wireless Computer Networks, Network Security, Computer Forensics and Cyber Laws
- PO2. Analyze complex engineering problems critically threats in Computer networks and identify solutions.
- PO3. Conceptualize and solve Computer Science and Engineering problems effectively by developing solutions to problems related to Wired and Wireless Network design and Security to meet the needs of society and industry.
- PO4. Possess knowledge and understanding of opportunities and contribute positively develop skills for computer security research, and innovation in the area of Computer Networks and Information Security.
- PO5. Able to use modern software tools and technologies for designing simple to complex Networking Applications in the real world.
- PO6. Able to work in multidisciplinary groups, for decision making and self-management.
- PO7. Apply knowledge of management principles to effectively contribute to project teams within social and economic constraints.
- PO8. An ability to communicate effectively through written reports and oral presentations, communicate with the engineering community and develop effective professional and business communication.
- PO9. Develop attitude for independent and continuous learning for improved knowledge and professional competence.
- PO10. Acquire professional and intellectual integrity, professional code of conduct, ethics of research and scholarship. Follow ethical practices in professional career and societal contributions.
- PO11. Able to continuously self-reflect own actions for improvement.
- PO12. An ability in combining models and computational approaches to solve theoretical or real world problems.
Programme Specific Objectives (PSOs)
- PS01: Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Wired and Wireless Networks, Network Security, Ethical Hacking, Cyber Laws and Network Protocols.
- PS02: Analyze and Develop solutions for complex problems in computer Networks and Information security domain.
- PS03: Design, implement, test and evaluate computer networks, identify and trace back security attacks in Networks using modern techniques