School of Computing Science & Engineering Back
M.Tech. in Software Engineering
M.Tech. Software Engineering involves application of specialized knowledge and skills to develop different kinds of large, complex software systems. The programme is structured to empower the students with design, analysis and implementation of software products for various computer applications.
|Software Engineering concepts||Object-Oriented Design and Programming|
|Project Management||Software Development Process|
|Component-Based Software||Advanced Software Design with Java|
|Web Services||Software Architecture|
|Data Mining and Warehousing||Mobile Computing|
|Soft Computing||Natural Language Processing|
60% or above in aggregate in relevant discipline at graduation level
Infosys, TCS, WIPRO, Accenture, Samsung.
Opportunities exist in software industries, management information system department of any industry, educational and various R & D institutions in government and private sector.
To be known widely as a premier department of Computer Science and Engineering for value-based education, multidisciplinary research and innovation.
The mission of the Computer Science and Engineering Department is
- Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of SCSE through OB-TLP.
- Establish state-of-the-art facilities for Analysis, Design and Implementation to develop sustainable ethical solutions. Conduct multidisciplinary research for developing innovative solutions.
- Involve the students in group activity including that of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.
- PO1. Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of specific discipline with an ability to discriminate, evaluate, analyze and synthesize existing and new knowledge.
- PO2. Analyze complex engineering problems critically, apply independent judgment to make intellectual and/or creative advances for conducting research.
- PO3. Conceptualize and solve Computer Science and Engineering problems effectively by think laterally and originally, conceptualize and solve engineering problems.
- PO4. Extract information pertinent to unfamiliar problems through, analyze and interpret data, demonstrate higher order skill and view things in a broader perspective, contribute individually/in the group(s) to the development of scientific/technological knowledge in one or more domains of engineering.
- PO5. Create, select, learn and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and software engineering tools, to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6. Possess knowledge and understanding of opportunities and contribute positively to collaborative-multidisciplinary scientific research, teamwork, decision-making based on open-mindedness, objectivity, and rational analysis in order to achieve common goals and further the learning of themselves as well as others.
- PO7. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply the same. Member and leader of a team, manage projects efficiently in respective disciplines and after consideration of economic and financial factors.
- PO8. An ability to communicate effectively through written reports and oral presentations, communicate with the engineering community, and with society at large, regarding complex engineering activities confidently and effectively.
- PO9. Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in life-long learning independently, with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to improving knowledge and competence continuously.
- PO10. Acquire professional and intellectual integrity, professional code of conduct, ethics of research and scholarship, consideration of the impact of research outcomes to contribute to the community for the sustainable development of society.
- PO11. Observe and examine critical outcomes and learn from mistakes without depending on external feedback.
- PO12. An ability to develop the new system and deploy the software products faster and helping for automation process.