School of Electrical, Electronics and Communication Back
M.Tech in Power System Engineering
M.Tech Power System engineering programme aims at training graduate engineers in the field of Power Systems. It deals with issues at the intersection of electric power, economics and management of power and provides professional knowledge in power generation, transmission and distribution, and power equipment.
B.E/B.Tech with minimum 60% marks or equivalent in CGPA in relevant discipline
Job opportunities exist in the power plants, Indian Railways, R&D divisions in MNC’s like ABB, Philips, GE, Rockwell and Schneider etc. and companies like BHEL, BEL, BDL, HAL, DRDO, ISRO, Reliance Power, ONGC and NTPC. Job opportunities in this field are always excellent due to the fact that the demand for power never decreases.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO1: Acquire knowledge of power systems to identify, analyze, design and solve complex emerging problems in the field of power system engineering.
- PEO2: Acquire technical competencies in the area of power system engineering to pursue higher studies.
- PEO3: Engage in life-long learning through independent study and research.
Program Outcomes (PO)
Post Graduates will be able to
- PO1: To independently carry out research /investigation and development work to solve practical problems
- PO2: To write and present a substantial technical report/document
- PO3: To demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program. The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the appropriate bachelor program
- PO4: To function effectively as an individual or as a member or leader in a team
- PO5: To keep abreast with state of art technologies through lifelong learning
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: Analyze, solve complex problems and meet the challenges face by the industry in power systems domain.