School of Civil Engineering Back
M.Tech in Energy & Environmental Engineering
This interdisciplinary programme facilitates graduates diversifying into a wide range of specialties in the broad area of Energy and Environment. The programme connects the different aspect of energy generation and utilization especially renewable energy sources; energy audit, conservation and management; environmental pollution in solid, liquid and gaseous forms waste.
- Duration-2 Years
B.E/B.Tech with minimum 60% marks or equivalent in CGPA in relevant discipline
Opportunities for Energy and Environmental Engineers exist not only in government organizations but also in private institutions, in addition to international avenues. The Energy & Environmental Engineering Postgraduates have scope for employment in companies such as IOCL, GAIL, CPCB's, SPCB's, ONGC, MoEF, Ion Exchange, Aecom, CH2MHill India and Spectro, UEM etc. They can also function as Energy Managers/ Auditors, Environmental Consultants and Scientists in various NGOs, MNCs and R & D organizations.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: Graduates will contribute effectively in research and innovation in energy and environmental engineering domain and have successful professional careers.
- PEO-2: Graduates of the programme will engage themselves in lifelong learning and be adaptive in a technologically evolving world.
- PEO-3: The graduates will engage in professional activities to enhance their own stature and simultaneously contribute to the profession and society at large.
- PEO-4: Graduates would know and practice professional ethics throughout their life.
Program Outcomes (PO)
The graduates will be able to
- Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to solution of complex engineering problems (Engineering Knowledge)
- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences (Problem analysis)
- Design of solutions for complex engineering problems and design of system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations of public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations (Design/development of solutions)
- Use research based methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information leading to logical conclusions (Conduct investigations of complex problems)
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling complex engineering activities with an understanding of limitations (Modern tool usage)
- Apply reasoning within the contextual knowledge to access societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice (The engineer and society)
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and the need for sustainable developments (Environment and sustainability)
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice (Ethics)
- Function effectively as an individual independently and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings (Individual and team work)
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective oral presentations, and give and receive clear instructions (Communication)
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and apply those to one’s own work as a member and leader of a team to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments (Project management and finance)
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change (Life-long Learning).
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
The graduates will be able to
- Excel in the research, innovation, design and problem solving in energy and environmental engineering domain.
- Interact with stakeholders effectively and execute quality work within the stipulated resources.