School of Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering Back
M.Tech in Communication Engineering
Communication Engineering has been rapidly growing and evolving over the past few years. Ubiquitous communication is becoming a necessity for the society. The proposed M.Tech. Program is designed to offer not only in-depth theoretical knowledge in the area of Communications, Signal Processing, and Wireless Networks,Antenna Design,Mobile communication, Internet of Things, optical communication but also system modeling and integration aspects emphasizing overall system behavioral studies in a laboratory. Such courses are unique and fall in-line with the requirements from the industries. At the end of the programme the student achieves the ability to identify pressing research issues and research directions in Communications, Signal Processing, and Wireless Networks.
- Duration-2 Years
B.E/B.Tech with minimum 60% marks or equivalent in CGPA in relevant discipline
Airtel, RCom, Tata, Nokia, Vodafone etc. Read More...
The vision of the Electronics and Communication Engineering Department is to be known globally as a premier department of Electronics and Communication Engineering for value based education and interdisciplinary research for innovation.
- M1: Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of Electronics and Communication Engineering through Outcome Based Learning Teaching (OBLT) Process
- M2: Establish state-of-the-art facilities for design and simulation.
- M3: Provide opportunities to students to work on real world problems and develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- M4: Involve the students in group activities, including those of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: Graduates will attain successful professional career by applying their Engineering skills in Communication Systems to the challenges in industry, academia or in the pursuit of other fields.
- PEO-2: Graduates will engage in life long learning, adapt to evolving technology, work in multidisciplinary research to design innovative products and provide solutions and become entrepreneurs
- PEO-3: Graduates will pursue doctoral research in reputed institute globally.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: An ability to independently carry out research /investigation and development work to solve practical problems
- PO2: An ability to write and present a substantial technical report/document
- PO3: Students should be able to demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program. The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the appropriate bachelor program
- PO4: An ability to function effectively as an individual or as a member or leader in a team
- PO5: An ability to keep abreast with state of art technologies through lifelong learning
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: Communication System Development: Apply the knowledge of communication networks and antenna based applications.
- PSO2: IOT System Development: Analyze and develop embedded and IOT based applications.