School of Computing Science & Engineering Back
M.Tech in Artificial Intelligence & Data Science
M.Tech. in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science is a master’s program offered at School of Computing Science and Engineering having a comprehensive coverage of applied mathematics used in data science and artificial intelligence while preparing the students to analyse, design and experiment solutions to problems. Building human-level thought processes through the creation of artificial intelligence (AI) is the state-of-the-art in Computer Science. Intelligent machines are influenced by emerging technologies, smart devices, sensors, computing power, faster data processing, huge storage and human-machine interaction capabilities. Data Science is an interdisciplinary field with the ability to extract knowledge/insights from data - be it structured, unstructured, or semi-structured data. Twinned with Artificial Intelligence, more efficient solutions to find meaningful information from huge pools of data are possible today, with data from multiple sources - sensors, images, streaming video, satellite, medical imagery and the cloud. The curriculum targets technical and design skills, AI knowledge, and competencies needed to master strategic analytical methods and tools, and data management, with the objective of creating innovative strategies to solve challenging real-world problems.
- Duration-2 Years
B.E/B.Tech with minimum 60% marks or equivalent in CGPA in Computer Science/Information Technology or MCA
The students will have the option to work as IT consultants, Data Scientist / Analysts, Ai specialists in research labs and explore a variety of domains including Manufacturing, Fintech, Healthcare, Agriculture/Food Processing, Education, Retail/Customer Engagement, Human and Robot interaction/intelligent automation, Smart City, Aid for Differently Abled/Accessibility Technology in high-end data services and IT product companies or become entrepreneurs.
To be known widely as a premier department of Computer Science and Engineering for value-based education, multidisciplinary research and innovation.
The mission of the Computer Science and Engineering Department is
- Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of SCSE through OB-TLP.
- Establish state-of-the-art facilities for Analysis, Design and Implementation to develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research for developing innovative solutions. Involve the students in group activity including that of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: Post Graduates of Computer Science and Engineering will play adaptive leadership role in research oriented organization to improve the productivity and efficiency for products and processes
- PEO-2: Post Graduates of Computer Science and Engineering will be efficient team player and develop sustainable solutions for simple and complex problems using modern tools
- PEO-3: Post Graduates of Computer Science and Engineering will engage in professional activities with ethical practices in the field of Computer Science & Engineering to enhance their own stature to contribute society
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: Acquire in-depth knowledge of the specific discipline and global perspective, with an ability to discriminate, evaluate, analyze and synthesize existing and new knowledge.
- PO2: Analyze complex engineering problems critically; apply demonstrate the ability to design a software application or process that meets desired specifications within the constraints.
- PO3: Evaluate a wide range of potential solutions for those problems and arrive at feasible, optimal solutions after considering public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental factors in the core areas of expertise.
- PO4: An ability to analyze and solve open-ended problems using mathematical foundations, and algorithmic principles, in the modeling and design of optimal solution higher order skill to the development of scientific/technological knowledge in one or more domains of engineering.
- PO5: An ability to learn and use modern tools and techniques for creating, select, learn and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: An ability to function effectively as individuals and as a member or leader in the diverse team in achieving multidisciplinary task to possess knowledge and understanding of group dynamics to collaborative multidisciplinary scientific research for teamwork and decision-making based in order to achieve common goals.
- PO7: Demonstrate knowledge and an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities and management principles and apply the same to one’s own work, as a member to manage projects efficiently after consideration of economic and financial factors.
- PO8: The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environment, and societal context through communication with the engineering community, and with society at large, regarding complex engineering activities confidently and effectively.
- PO9: To prepare students to communicate effectively ability to engage in life-long learning independently, with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to improving knowledge and competence continuously.
- PO10: Understand contemporary issues and acquire professional, professional code of conduct, ethics of research and responsibility to contribute to the community for the sustainable development of society.
- PO11: Independent and Reflective Learning Observe and examine critically the outcomes of one’s actions and make corrective measures subsequently, and learn from mistakes without depending on external feedback.
- PO12: Ability to provide efficient and Sustainable solutions for real world problems.