School of Liberal Arts Back
M.A. in Economics
This program provides an in-Departmenth understanding of the fundamental tools of economic analysis and their applications to real life situations. It also focuses on training students in Econometric Modeling for understanding and analyzing policy issues.
Duration- 2 Years
- Applied Micro and Macro Economics
- Research Methodology
- Economic Planning and Public Policy
- Economic Sociology
- Mathematics and Advanced Statistics
- Econometrics and Forecasting Models
- Regional & Urban Economics
Graduate with Economics as one of the subjects with minimum 50% marks in aggregate
- Policy Advisers & Business Analysts in various organizations (Government, NGOs, MNCs, International Organizations etc)
- Teaching and R&D
- Public and Private banking
- M1 Time relevant aims at forming a strong base for creating and supporting the analytic and creative thinking along with appropriate outlook.
- M2 Develop critical reflections through non coercive and participatory mode of teaching and learning, along with their practice and development. Avail and acquire appropriate infrastructure for the same.
- M3 Facilitate and encourage members to think globally and act locally along with development of a scientific enquiring mind without losing the human touch.
- M4 Develop distinct methodologies justifying the boundaries of different subjects within the school. Extend the competencies relevant to unique pedagogy which will be developed and put in use to sensitize and respect the plurality of approaches.