About The Department
Psychology is a remarkably broad field that studies mind and behavior at all levels of analysis ranging from the micro to the macro; from single cells to complex systems; from individuals to groups and cultures; and from invertebrates to humans. The Psychology department is committed to research, teaching/mentorship, and service.
The unique practices used to make students understand the subject are;
- Assignments: Students are made to write small assignments on current issues or topics every month, where they are free to select their topics. This exercise helps them analyze and understand the current issues in an interesting manner.
- Presentations: The assignments are presented by students in class, followed by interactive sessions.
- Debates: Every week a topic is given to the students and during activity slots on Friday, students actively participate in these debates. This helps them gain the confidence and improves their public speaking powers.
- Documentary films: Students are shown various psychological and contemporary issues including gender etc.
- Workshop: The School organizes workshops on regular basis to help students understand the administration of psychological test in real life setting.