In order to enhance research skills and promote research activity, School of Law, Galgotias University has established research centers in different areas namely Centre for Constitutional Law and Governance with Justice, Centre for Criminal Justice Studies, Centre for Corporate & Business Law, Centre for Clinical Legal Initiatives, Centre for Environmental studies, Centre for Human Rights studies, Centre for IPR Studies & Centre for Studies in International Law. The purpose of constituting these specialized centres was to provide the students opportunities to deepen and widen their knowledge under the guidance of expert resource person in the respective areas. It is also expected that the centres will facilitate interaction leading to sharpening their skills of verbal presentation and analytical expertise.
Apart from the above broad objectives the proposed centres are fostering and nourishing academic and professional values, sensitizing the younger mind in quest of knowledge. Such sensitization could be achieved by the scholastic activities, mainly in the following manner:-
- Inculcate the habit of study and research, which is important for the growth and development in legal field
- To publish newsletter/ Journals
- To organize debates, Quizzes, Workshops, Seminars, Conferences, Essay writings etc. on related subject
- Study the substantial laws & procedural laws in depth to identify its loopholes & suggest ways to effective implementation.
- To study the laws that develops through judicial pronouncements.
- To associate with N.G.Os, Government Departments, Implementing authorities, and other such agencies to understand the process of implementation