Political Science Faculty Back
Dr. Shreesh Kumar Pathak
- M. Phil & PhD in South Asian Studies/World Politics from JNU. Often appears in Newspapers, Journals & many digital platforms. Teaches Politics at GU.
- 2014 Working as an Assistant Professor in Department of Political Science, School of Humanities & Social Sciences, Galgotias University, Uttar Pradesh from 16.09.2014.
- Colonialism & Nationalism in India, Foreign Policies of World Powers, Public Administration, India's Foreign Policy, Western & Indian Political Thought, Human Rights, Modern Governments, International Law, International Issues & International Institutions, Indian Government and Politics, International Relations, Culture Studies, Social Problems in India, etc.
Areas of Interests
- Security Studies, Strategic Studies, Border Security & Management and Border Studies, Bilateral Relations, Internal Security, Foreign Affairs, International Relations, South Asian Affairs, Media & Politics, Hindi Literature, etc.
Membership in Peer Review Panel
Editorial Board Membership
Professional Experience (1 Year 1 Month)
Worked as Research Assistant in Chetanya Kasyap Foundation from 01.03.2011 to 31.03.2012. Compiled and analysed the news articles and stories about various housing development plans of the government. Also assisted in the editing of the Hindi & English drafts of Antyodaya Magazine of the Foundation with Prof. Makkhan Lal (Delhi University).
Worked as Junior Project Fellow for data collection and analysis in National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT) from 14.06.2010 to 28.02.2011. Also assisted in the editing of the Hindi & English drafts of Annual Report-2010 of NCERT with Dr. M. Siraj Anwar and Dr. P.D. Subhash.
Research Experience (7 Years)
Centre for South Asian Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
Supervisor: Prof. Savita Pande.
Title: India's Border Management: A Comparative Study of India-Pakistan and India-Nepal Borders.
Centre for South, Central, South-East Asian and South West Pacific Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
Supervisor: Prof. Savita Pande.
Title: India's Border Management: A Case Study of India-Pakistan Border
Field Survey Experience (4 Weeks)
- 2012-13 Visited Wagha Border and nearby villages with the assistance of border security officials and collected feedback in order to get the ground status of India-Pakistan border.
- 2011-12 Visited Gorakhpur-Sonauli border areas and compiled a ground report about the different facets of India-Nepal Open Border.
- 2010-11 Conducted five Job Satisfaction surveys of DIET faculties in educationally backward areas of Maharashtra. Seven faculty interviews conducted at DIET Murud, Maharashtra. Interviews of fifty Student-Teachers of a D.Ed. Training College conducted at Osmanabad, Maharashtra.
Paper Presentations (4)
- 2015 Presented a paper on Neo-Colonialism and Geopolitics in lecture series conducted in School of Humanities & Social Sciences, Galgotias University, Uttar Pradesh on February 6, 2015.
- 2014 Presented an Introductory Paper in the national level panel discussion on Food Security and World Trade Organisation: Indian and Global Context for School of Humanities & Social Sciences, Galgotias University, Uttar Pradesh on October 16, 2014.
- 2013 Pathak, Shreesh Kumar (2013), "India's Borders and Cross Border Issues: Problems and Prospects" Paper presented on 10 December 2013 at Annual International Studies Convention 2013, Jawaharlal Nehru University: New Delhi.
- 2011 Pathak, Shreesh Kumar (2011), "Security Challenges: India's Borders with Pakistan and its Management" Paper presented on 18 October 2011 at Pakistan Studies Programme, Jamia Millia Islamia: New Delhi.
- 2012 Attended Pandit Hridaynath Kunzru Memorial Lectures on the theme Regionalism and Multilateralism organised by the School of International Studies from March 12 to March 24, 2012.
- 2012 Attended a National level Seminar on India's Homeland Security organised by Department of Defence Studies, DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur from May 8 to May 11, 2012.
Conducted/Organised Events (4)
- 2017 Portrayal of Nineteenth century Europe through craft charts, fifty years timeline and individual country profile projects on March, 2017 in the campus of Galgotias University.
- 2015 Coordinated a lecture-series on Geopolitics and Environment and on Confronting Neo-colonialism in School of Humanities & Social Sciences, Galgotias University, Uttar Pradesh on February 6, 2015.
- 2014 Successfully coordinated the national level panel discussion on Food Security and World Trade Organisation: Indian and Global Context for School of Humanities & Social Sciences, Galgotias University, Uttar Pradesh on October 16, 2014.
- 2012 Organised and anchored a classical folk songs programme named Purvaiya in Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi on March 31, 2012.
- 2016 Actively participated in a four days' workshop on 'Universal Human Values and Ethics' from July 4thto July 8th, 2016 (excluding July 7th) organised by Galgotias University, Greater Noida at the university campus.
- 2013 Actively participated in a workshop on "Improving Women's Security in India" organised by Institute for Conflict Management & Bureau of Police Research and Development on Oct. 28-29, 2013 at IHC, New Delhi.
International Publications (3)
- 2017 Pathak, Shreesh Kumar (2017), "Review of Apne Hi Ghar Me: Sindhi Kahaniyon Ka Hindi Anuvad by Devi Nagrani", Setu (UGC Approved Journal), Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 1(9) (2475-1359).
- 2014 Pathak, Shreesh Kumar (2014) "India's Foreign Policy: From NAM to NAM 2.0", International Journal of Society and Humanities, Vol. 5, Issue No. 1, pp. 246-256. Refereed International Journal (ISSN: 2319-2070)
- 2013 Pathak, Shreesh K. (2013), India's Diverse Borders and Diverse Threats, International Studies (SAGE),January & April 2013 50: 55-70. (http://isq.sagepub.com/content/50/1-2.toc)
National Publications (2)
- 2017 Pathak, Shreesh Kumar (2017), "India-Pakistan Relation in the Era of Americanisation", Aavartan 2(3), 51-63. (In print).
- 2014 Pathak, Shreesh Kumar (2014), "Changing Relations of India with the United States from Cold War to Post Cold War", Aavartan, 1(1), 49-61.(ISSN: 2320-3544)
Chapters in Edited Book (4)
- 2017 Pathak, Shreesh Kumar (2017), "India and Pakistan: An Era of Strained Relations of Strong Leaders", in Dr. Sumant Kumar (ed.), India's Relations with the World under the Leadership of Narendra Modi, New Delhi: Avon Publications. (978-93-8183-994-2)
- 2016 Pathak, Shreesh Kumar (2016), "India-Nepal Open Border System Debate amidst Natural Calamity and the Constitution Making Proces", in Shivendra Shahi and Amar Singh (eds.), Perspectives on India's National Security Challenges: External and Internal Dimensions, New Delhi: Pentagon Press. (ISBN: 978-81-8274-924-5)
- 2014 Pathak, Shreesh Kumar (2014), "India's Borders and Cross Border Issues: Problems and Prospects", in Shekhar Adhikari (ed.), South Asia: Traditional and Non-Traditional Threats, New Delhi: Pentagon Press. (ISBN: 9788182748088)
- 2012 Pathak, Shreesh Kumar (2012), "Para-Military Forces of India: Vanguard of Internal Security of India", in Hari Saran and Harsh Kumar (eds.), Perspectives on Homeland Security, New Delhi: Pratyush Publications. (ISBN: 9789382171010)
Digital Publications (20+)