School of Mechanical Engineering Back
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility Notes : A Master's degree from a recognised Indian University or any other equivalent degree to the satisfaction of the Academic Council of the University, in the relevant field, with not less than 55% marks in aggregate or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale or equivalent.
A Master's degree from a recognised Indian University or any other equivalent degree to the satisfaction of the Academic Council of the University, in the relevant field, with not less than 55% marks in aggregate or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale or equivalent.
|Annual Fees||50, 000|
|Exam Fee||10, 000|
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will be engineering professionals and innovators in core engineering, service industries or pursue higher studies.
- PEO2: Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will be team players who are equipped to provide sustainable solutions for complex interdisciplinary problems using modern tools.
- PEO3: Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will be able to engage in professional activities ethically and thereby enhance the knowledge and contribution towards the society through life long learning.
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design of solutions for complex engineering problems and design of system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations of public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research based methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information leading to logical conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling complex engineering activities with an understanding of limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning within the contextual knowledge to access societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and the need for sustainable developments
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual independently and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and apply those to one’s own work as a member and leader of a team to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Program Specific Outcomes
- Product Development: To apply engineering graphics and solid modelling skills to perform tasks in the area of Product development.
- Manufacturing Industries: To perform tasks related to design, model and documentation of manufacturing Industries.