Diploma in Engineering Back
Diploma in Instrumentation
Diploma in Instrumentation is the integration of different branches of science which are put together to achieve required functional goal in the field of automated system in electrical and pneumatic domain. The scope of this course is to understand about the process, equipment and controls in the modern industries which are more efficient, effective and accurate as the old magnetic and electric control industries have become obsolete.
Electrical Engineering, Electronic Devices And Circuits, Transducers & Application, Networks, Filters & Transmission Lines, Process Instrumentation, Principles of Digital Electronics, Signal Transmission Recording and Display, Electronic Instruments And Measurement, Industrial Control and Automation, Process Control, Building Automation and Security Systems, Microprocessor and Microcontrollers, Industrial Instrumentation.
10th with minimum 40% marks.
A diploma holder in Instrumentation Engineering is qualified for employment in a wide variety of private and government sectors.
- Sectors, including manufacturing and process automation, Steel plants, Cement manufacturing companies, Thermal power plants, Chemical companies and similar industries, embedded systems and electronic circuit requires diploma in Instrumentation Engineering.
- Almost all process & manufacturing industries have a separate instrumentation department.
- Government sector and PSUs like Railways, Electricity Board, Defence, National Aluminum Company Ltd. (NALCO), Gas Authority of India Ltd. (GAIL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL), Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), etc require diploma in instrumentation engineers for their respective instrumentation departments.
- Academic institutions and Research institutes like DRDO and ISRO also need diploma in Instrumentation Engineering as Technical Assistant.
- Diploma holders in Instrumentation Engineering are also eligible to take admission to 2nd year B.E./B.Tech courses in the relevant disciplines.