Diploma in Engineering Back
Diploma in Civil Engineering
Three year Diploma in Civil Engineering is all about the infrastructural development and design techniques. The root of civilization is based on civil engineering, now a day as we know India is a developing country and is taking many infrastructural development works in urban as well as rural areas. Civil engineering deals with the highway projects as pavement design, it also deals with the structural design and concerned with the health and public utility services like as public health engineering.
The core modules include courses on Geology, Soil, Fluids, Foundation, Structure, Environment and Design.
10th with minimum 40% marks.
For Lateral Entry:
Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and
Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with
Mathematics/ Biology subject with minimum 40% Marks
10th + (2 years ITI) with 40% marks in appropriate Trade
For Migration from Other Universities/Institutes:
- Diploma in Engineering 1st year passed with minimum 50% marks or 5.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
- 40% (minimum) marks at X level.
The Diploma holders in Civil engineers can find work at all levels of the economy, and can contribute in infrastructural development of country and provide services to human kind. Additionally, diploma graduates with an academic bent of mind can also go on to obtain their Graduation, Masters and PhD degrees and enter the world of research and teaching. There are abundant opportunities in small consulting firms including those specializing in structural, environmental, municipal and geotechnical engineering and some work in larger firms which encompass several sub-branches of civil engineering. They can also work at national, state and municipal levels of the government. The most popular industries for getting employed are construction, engineering design, residential construction, heavy civil construction. In India, things are looking up in the infrastructure sector that provides great employment prospects for diploma in civil engineering.
To be known globally as a premier school of Civil Engineering for education, interdisciplinary research and innovation.
- M1: Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of Civil Engineering through learner-centered teaching pedagogy.
- M2: Establish state-of-the-art facilities for analysis, design and problem solving in the Civil Engineering domain.
- M3: Provide opportunities to students to work on real world problems and develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- M4: Involve students in group activities, including those of professional bodies to develop leadership and interpersonal skills.