Business Administration Faculty Back
Dr. Venugopal Ramachandran
- Doctoral Degree (FPM)., Management, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad., 1998
- B.Tech., Metallurgy, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras., 1976
Courses Taught at SoB, GU
Complexity-based Approach to Management; Socially Responsible Business
Book & Book Chapter
- Venugopal, R. (2000). Contemporary Strategic Management, New Delhi: Vikas
- Mor, N., Gopikumar,V., & Venugopal, R. (2008) “Making business sense of corporate social responsibility” in T.N.Ninan (Ed.), BS India 2008, New Delhi: BS Books.
- Ramachandran, V. (2011). Strategic corporate social responsibility: A “dynamic capabilities” perspective. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management,18(5), 285–293
- Venugopal, R. (2005). New product performance in emerging markets: Two cases from the Indian passenger car industry, International Journal of Automotive Technology and Management, 5 (3), 336-502.
- Venugopal, R. (2005). Resource Based New Product Development: Insights from the Small Car Project of the Indian Company TELCO, International Journal of Automotive Technology and Management, 5(1), 71-82
- Venugopal, R. (2001). New Directions in Strategic Management, Vikalpa, 26(3), 31-38.
- Venugopal, R. (2001). Telco’s Small Car, Asian Case Research Journal, 5(1), 49-69.
- Venugopal, R. and Dixit, M.R. (1999). Enterprise Response to Public Policy Reforms: A scan of Extant Literature and an Agenda for Future research. Vikalpa, 24(2), 21-26.
- Venugopal, R. and Dixit, M.R. (1997). Management Case: Southern Softboards Limited. Vikalpa, 22(4) 55-62.
Faculty Development Programs and Management Development Programs
|The Case Method of Learning Facilitation||18||SRCAS, Coimbatore|
|Experiential Learning Methods in Management Education||18||SRCAS, Coimbatore|
|MDPs||Leading Change: A “Blue Ocean” Approach||12||Offered in 2017 to Lakshmi Machine Works, Coimbatore|
|Becoming a Manager (for front-line managers)||12|
|Managing in the Middle (for middle managers)||12|
The above courses pertain to recent / current educational extension activities; past MDPs include several more in such areas as :
- Vision and Mission Statements
- Strategic Thinking
- Strategic Management of CBSE Schools
- Partnering with CSOs,
- Strategic Sourcing,
- Sustainable Finance
- Customer Relationship Marketing.
20 Years in following positions:
- Advisor, Sri Ramakrishna School of Business, SRCAS, Coimbatore (2018-2019)
- Professor & Director, DJ Academy for Managerial Excellence, Coimbatore, TN (2017-18)
- Professor and Dean, School of Business, Glocal University, Saharanpur Dt. U.P. (2014-16)
- Professor and Director, School of Management, Manipal University, Karnataka (2012-14)
- Professor, Institute for Financial Management & Research, Chennai (2003-2012)
- Associate Professor, Institute for Financial Management & Research, Chennai (2000- 2003)
- Associate Professor, Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), (1999-2000)
- Assistant Professor, Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), (1998-1999)
Visiting Faculty Positions
- Ohio-Manipal School of Business, Bangalore, India (2000-2005)
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIMK), Kerala (2004-2005)
- XLRI-AIT, Dubai (2004-2005)
- ACME-OUBS (U.K.) , Chennai (2000-2005)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai, (2003)
Achievements and Awards
- Bharat Jyoti Award from the India International Friendship Society for Excellence in Management Education, 2011
- Mentioned in Marquis Who's Who in the World, 2006
- Indian Society for Training & Development Award for the book, "Contemporary Strategic Management", 2001
- FAIR Doctoral Dissertation Award at Indian Institute for Management, Ahmadabad, 1995
- Govt. Of India National Merit Scholarship, 1971