Business Administration Faculty Back
Dr. Ranjul Rastogi, Ph.D
Ph. D. in Economics from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, B.ED. from Avadh University , LL.B. from Allahabad University , M.A. in Economics from Allahabad University, B.A. from Avadh University and Qualified NET twice. NET and NET with JRF
Economics and Law, Corporate Governance, Business & Corporate laws
Managerial Economics, Micro and Macro Economics, Business Environment, International Economics, Indian Economy, Development Economics, Business Laws, Company law, Law of Contracts, etc
- Working as Professor at School of Business, Galgotias University, Greater Noida since April, 2014.
- Worked as Professor at Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, Delhi affiliated to GGSIPU ( August, 2012 - January, 2014).
- Worked as Associate Professor at Symbiosis Law School, NOIDA, A Constituent of Symbiosis International University, Pune (September, 2011 - July, 2012).
- Worked as a Reader at Amity Law School, Delhi affiliated to GGSIP .University, Delhi (March, 2005 – September, 2011).
- Worked as Lecturer of Economics at Amity Law School, Delhi affiliated to GGSIP University, Delhi (November, 1999 - March, 2005).
- Worked as Senior Research Associate in Society for Capital Market Research and Development, Delhi (December 1996 - November, 1999)
- Lecturer, Indian Institute of Finance, Delhi (July,1996- November,1996)
- Lecturer, Institute of Commerce, K. S. Saket P.G.College, Faizabad (October,1990 - September,1991)
- Visiting Faculty at Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning for PGDBM and Corporate Faculty for Corporate (PGDBM) Courses (2008-2012).
- Discretionary Managerial Behaviour", Co-authored with T.V.S. Ramamohan Rao, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Netherlands, 1997
- Capital Structure and Corporate Control", Anmol Publications Pvt. Ltd., Delhi, 2001.
- Ranjul Rastogi, “Revisiting Theorization of the Global Financial Crisis” Seminar Proceedings of XV Annual International Seminar on Economy, Enterprise and Employment, January, 2014, ISBN 978-81-923211-6-5.
- Ranjul Rastogi, “Mandatory Corporate Social Responsibility: A Roadmap to Sustainable Development” Global Journal of Finance and Management, 2013, Vol.5, No. 9, Pp-57-63.
- Ranjul Rastogi, “The Economics of Contract”, Vivekannda Journal of Research, 2012, Vol.1, No.1, Pp. 38-47.
- T.V.S.Ramamohan Rao and Ranjul Rastogi, "Identification of Managerial Preferences", Indian Journal of Applied Economics, 1997, Vol. 6, No.1, Pp. 113-24.
- Ranjul Rastogi and TV.S.Ramamohan Rao, "Corporate Governance and Capital Structure", Finance India, 1997, VoI.XI, No.4, Pp. 951-76
- TV.S.Ramamohan Rao, Rastogi and Sanjay Saha, "Capital Structure Decisions: An Implicit Contract or a Governance Relation? International Review of Economics and Business, 1995, Vol. XLII, No.3, Pp.l45-62.
- R.Rastogi and TV.S.Ramamohan Rao, "Towards Formulation of a Method of Estimating Managerial Preferences: A Case Study of Indian Chemical Industry", Journal of Financial Management and Analysis, 1995, Vol. 8, No.2, Pp.26-37.
- TV.S.Ramammohan Rao and Ranjul Rastogi, "Managerial Preferences for Holding Inventory", Indian Journal of Applied Economics, 1995, Vol. 4. No.4. Pp.27-53
- Presented a paper Entitled "Revisiting Theorization of the Global Financial Crisis" in the XV International Seminar on Economy, Enterprise and Employment held on January 3-4, 2014 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi. The Paper was selected for the Second Best Paper award of the technical session.
- Presented a Paper entitled "Mandatory Corporate Social Responsibility: A Roadmap to Sustainable Developmen" in the World Congress on "Business, Finance, Marketing and Industrial Management for Sustainable Development" on 25-26th May, 2013 held at JNU in Delhi.
- Attended and organized National Seminar on "Financial Markets and Institutions: Developments and Reforms" organized by Society for Capital Market and Research and Development, Delhi, in partnership of SEBL IDBI ICICI and HDFC held in Mumbai, in 1999.
- Presented a Paper titled "Corporate Governance and Capital Structure" at the Thirty Second Annual Indian Econometric Society Conference held in Bangalore in 1996
- Presented a paper titled "Identification of Managerial Preferences" at Asia and South East Asia Meeting of the Econometric Society held in Delhi in 1996.
- Presented a paper titled "Capital Structure and Corporate Control" at the Thirty First Annual Indian Econometric Society Conference held in Pune 1995.
Other Professional Experience
- Member of Board of Studies (Law Faculty) of GGSIP University, Delhi (2005 – 2007).
- Member of Academic Council of Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, Delhi ( October, 2012 - January, 2014).
- Officiated (as a Consortium) Amity Law School, Delhi.
- Member of Board of Studies, School of Business, Galgotias University, Gr. Noida
- Member of Doctoral Committee, School of Buisness, Galgotias University, Gr. Noida
- Research Project Coordinator (MBA), Galgotias University, Gr. Noida)
- Member of various Committees such as, Attendance, Discipline, Time-Table, Moot-Court, etc at various organizations.
- Developed various courses related to Economics and Corporate Laws for Five year LL.B. (Honors) run by GGSIPU.
Training, Orientation, Workshops and Refresher Programs
- Attended Two days FDP on "Teaching Methods" conducted by Prof Manoj Kumar of Flame University, Pune at Galgotias University from 8-10 October,2015
- Attended the National Workshop on "Analytical Techniques for Research" organized by Global Network of Business Researchers, at Dalhousie (HP) from April 28 –May 4, 2012.
- Attended Orientation Program on Faculty Development conducted by Amity Academic Staff College, NOIDA in 2006.
- Participated and successfully completed with Grade "A" the 3rd 3 Week Refresher course in Economics conducted by UGC-Academic Staff College, Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi in March,2005.
- Attended and successfully completed Teacher's Training Program on "Securities Regulation and Allied Laws" organized by National Law School of India University, Bangalore in collaboration with SEBI, USAID and FIRE between 15th -27th Sept,2003
- Participated' and successfully completed with Grade "A" the 64th Orientation Program conducted by Academic Staff College, Jamia Millia University sponsored by UGC in August, 2003.
- Attended Orientation Program on Faculty Development conducted by Amity Institute of Training, NOIDA in 2003.
- Resource Faculty for Managerial Economics, Business Laws and Capital Markets of Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning Program(PGDBM) and Corporate Faculty for Corporate (PGDBM) Course.
- Resource person for the Short-Term Course on "Law and Economics" Conducted by IIT, Kanpur.
Achievements and Awards
- The Paper entitled "Revisiting Theorization of the Global Financial Crisis" in the XV International Seminar on Economy, Enterprise and Employment held on January 3-4, 2014 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi was selected as the Second Best Paper of the technical session.
- Was awarded Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) by University Grants Commission
- National Merit Scholarship awarded by Ministry of Human Resource & Development, India from Class XI to M.A.
- Special Awards for Securing 1st Position in the College in graduation and for the highest marks in Economics at Graduate level.
- Passed Matriculation Examination with Honor