Business Administration Faculty Back
Dr. Alka Sharma
Associate Professor & Program Chair
Human resource Management and OB
- MBA UGC NET, Ph.D.
- Ph. D. in HR area from Himachal Pradesh University. UGC NET in 2008
- MBA in HR and Finance from Institute of Management Studies, Himachal Pradesh University Shimla.
- BSc. With Maths, Physics and Chemistry, from Himachal Pradesh University.
Courses Taught at SoB, GU
- HRM, OB, Training and Development, Principles of Management, Compesation Management, Talent Management, Business Ethics and Values, Financial market and Commercial Banking etc.
Organizational culture, employee commitment, employee engagement, work motivation, leadership, Recruitment and selection, OB areas and HR analytics etc.
- Reverse brain drain: A demographic dividend. Published in book ISBN no. 978-93-80752-58-7, 2012.
- Role of culture on recruitment and selection practices: Study of Indian and Western culture. IITM journal of management, Vol.1 Issue 1 2014.
- Sharma.A(2016). Commitment level of employees with respect to their organizational culture in public and private sector telecom companies. Excel publication
- National Seminar on Recent Trends and issues in Intellectual Property Rights, held at IIMT Greater Noida on October, 2017.
- National Seminar on Innovative Trends in Science, Technology and Management-II (MNCITSTM-2015) organized by Sri Sai University Palampur, H.P. on June, 2015.
- National Seminar on Dynamics and Developmental changes in Business practices: Innovations, Globalization and policies organized by joint collaboration with PHD CCI in February, 2012.
- National Seminar on Strategy for sustainable development of H.P with special emphasis on Industry, Tourism, Biotechnology and IT. Himachal Pradesh University. Nov. 2007.
Faculty Development Programs and Management Development Programs
- Participated in Faculty development programme on Data Analysis on SPSS and Excel conducted by LPU on January 2010.
- Project on evaluating training effectiveness in NHPC Corporate Office Faridabad. Project on Managing motivated workforce in public sector banks IN Shimla Region.
- Assistant Professor (HR&OB) Institute of Innovation in Technology and Management affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University from July 2011 to April 2014
- Lecturer in Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar Punjab from August 2008 to June 2011.
Achievements and Awards
- Merit holder in Matriculation and Senior Secondary exams in HP Board of School Education
- Green Belt Six Sigma Certified.