About Galgotias University
The Galgotias University, Uttar Pradesh, sponsored by Smt. Shakuntala Educational and Welfare Society, has been established by state of Uttar Pradesh under section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 vide The Galgotias University Uttar Pradesh Act, 14 of 2011. The University commenced its operation from the academic session 2011-12.
Galgotias University opened its door to the first batch of approximately 1,700 undergraduate and post-graduate students in July of 2011. Now in year 2021, the university has grown to more than 13000 students. Galgotias University aspires to be and is on a fast-track to become an internationally recognized university that excels in multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary education, research and innovation, educating globally competitive graduates with potential to become leaders in their fields of endeavour. The graduates will have deep knowledge within their fields but will also excel in problem solving skills, will be aware of the societal context of their chosen profession, will function effectively in teams, will have good communications skills and above all, be life-long learners.
The 'students-first' philosophy is a big reason why Galgotias University is consistently ranked among India's top universities. The focus of Galgotias University is on low student-to-faculty ratio that promotes plenty of personal attention and mentoring opportunities.
The record-breaking placement at Galgotias this year is an apt testimony to its focus on upholding the highest academic standards right from selecting top faculty, introducing world-class pedagogical practices to personality development of the students.
We have 18 schools with 73 UG programs 49 PG programs and 22 PhD programs. We have approvals from various Councils [Pharmacy: Pharmacy Council of India (PCI); Law: Bar Council of India (BCI); Nursing: Indian Nursing Council (INC); Architecture: Council of Architecture (COA); Education: National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE); Hotel Management: Norms of National Council for Hotel Management (NCHM)].
This year, Galgotias University by virtue of its meticulous planning and through religious and relentless efforts have been listed in 150-200 top universities of India in NIRF INDIA RANKINGS 2020 as declared by MHRD. The accreditation of Three undergraduate courses has been granted by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) under Tier (I). Galgotias University is youngest in the country to get such accreditations by NBA
Other Rankings & Awards of the university in last two years are
- E-Learning Excellence for Academic Digitisation by QS I-Gauge E-Lead Certification for Excellence in Online Learning – 2020
- School of Pharmacy ranked in the band of 75-100in the NIRF ranking among all Pharmacy Colleges in India
- The DQICT Award for Excellence in Academics and Placement and also for Top Ranking University in Academics and Global Linkages
- Excellence in Academics and Placement by Dataquest Cybermedia ICT awards
- India Excellence Award – for best Private University in Academics and Placement
- ASSOCHAM award for Being the Best Private University for Academics and Placement
- Also listed in Top 5 Business Colleges, Top 10 Law Colleges, top 5 Mass Communication Colleges in Uttar Pradesh by India Today Ranking 2020
- Ranked in Top 5 B-Schools in India by GHRDC Top Business School Survey
With around 800 plus faculty members, 3 Academic Blocks having Construction Area of 64,879 sq mt, the university also have in campus five-star Boys Hostel accommodating around 1400 students and off-campus girls’ hostel to accommodate 200 plus girls.