The Galgotias University, Uttar Pradesh, sponsored by Smt. Shakuntala Educational and Welfare Society, has been established by state of Uttar Pradesh under section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 vide The Galgotias University Uttar Pradesh Act, 14 of 2011. The University commenced its operation from the academic session 2011-12.
Galgotias University opened its door to the first batch of approximately 1,700 undergraduate and post-graduate students in July of 2011. Now in year 2021, the university has grown to more than 15000 students. Galgotias University aspires to be and is on a fast-track to become an internationally recognized university that excels in multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary education, research and innovation, educating globally competitive graduates with potential to become leaders in their fields of endeavour. The graduates will have deep knowledge within their fields but will also excel in problem solving skills, will be aware of the societal context of their chosen profession, will function effectively in teams, will have good communications skills and above all, be life-long learners.
The 'students-first' philosophy is a big reason why Galgotias University is consistently ranked among India's top universities. The focus of Galgotias University is on low student-to-faculty ratio that promotes plenty of personal attention and mentoring opportunities.
The record-breaking placement at Galgotias this year is an apt testimony to its focus on upholding the highest academic standards right from selecting top faculty, introducing world-class pedagogical practices to personality development of the students.
We have 13 schools, 19 Departments with 53 UG programs 36 PG programs and 25 PhD programs. We have approvals from various Councils [Pharmacy: Pharmacy Council of India (PCI); Law: Bar Council of India (BCI); Nursing: Indian Nursing Council (INC); Architecture: Council of Architecture (COA); Education: National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE); Hotel Management: Norms of National Council for Hotel Management (NCHM)].
This year, Galgotias University by virtue of its meticulous planning and through religious and relentless efforts have been placed in Excellent Band by ARIIA-2021, granted with UGC-12B status, listed in 151-200 top universities of India, 177th in Engineering Category, in the band of 76-100 for Pharmacy and Management in NIRF INDIA RANKINGS 2021 as declared by MHRD. The accreditation of Three undergraduate programs has been granted by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) under Tier (I). Galgotias University is youngest in the country to get such accreditations by NBA. More than 7000 Publications, 200+ Patents Published and many in pipeline.
With around 800 plus faculty members, 3 Academic Blocks having Construction Area of 64,879 Sq. Mt, the university also have in campus five-star Boys Hostel accommodating around 1400 students and off-campus girls’ hostel to accommodate 200 plus girls.
Other Rankings & Awards of the university in last two years are
- ARIIA Ranking 2021: Placed in the Band of Excellent under the Category "University & Deemed to be University (Private/Self-Financed) (Technical)" in Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievement (ARIIA) 2021
- UGC-12B Status granted to the University in 2021
- Awarded 4 Star Rating by Institution Innovation Council (IIC) for 2020-21
- Galgotias University is Ranked No. 1 for SDG 10 (Reduced Inequality) and Overall Ranked in A1 Band (Rank 1-10), PAN India for excellence towards offering global and Holistic Education | Global Impact Rankings (Based on 17 SDG by the United Nations) by R World Institution Ranking
- NIRF Rankings
Year 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 Overall Not Participated Not Participated Participated Participated 151-200 Engineering Participated Participated 251-300 177 Pharmacy Participated 76-100 76-100 76-100 Management Participated Not Participated Participated 76-100 Law NA Participated Participated Participated Overall University Not Participated 151-200 151-200 151-200
- NIRF 2021 Ranking
- Ranked in the Band 151 - 200 in Overall University category in India
- Ranked in the Band 151 - 200 in Overall category in India
- Ranked 177th in Engineering Category
- Ranked in the Band 76 - 100 in Pharmacy category in India
- Ranked in the Band 76 - 100 in Management category in India
- Engineering Programs in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering are accredited by NBA (National Board of Accreditation), India
- Ranked 3rd in India and 1st in Uttar Pradesh in OBE Ranking 2021 by R World Institution Ranking
- 1st amongst Private Universities and 3rd amongst all Universities in Uttar Pradesh for uploading maximum E-Contents on Online Digital Library Uttar Pradesh Portal
- Galgotias University is ranked 10th across India and is positioned in the 'A1 Band: Institution of Excellence' category in MHW Ranking 2021 by R World Institutional Ranking
- Amongst Top 5 Business Colleges in Uttar Pradesh by India Today Ranking 2020
- Top 10 Law Colleges in Uttar Pradesh by India Today Rankings 2020
- Among Top 5 Mass Communication Colleges in Uttar Pradesh by India Today Rankings 2020
- 6th Rank in the Category of Excellence and 2nd in Uttar Pradesh in GHRDC Hotel Management Institute Survey 2021
- 10th Rank of Top BBA Colleges in India and 5th Rank in Northern Region in GHRDC_BBA Colleges Survey 2021
- India Today-MDRA Survey Ranking 2021:
- BBA - 73rd in India and 5th Among Private Universities in UP
- BCA – 49th in India and 5th Among Private Universities in UP
- Engineering - 49th in India and 6th Among Private Universities in UP
- Law - 37th in India and 5th Among Private Universities in UP
- Mass Communication – 32nd in India and 4th Among Private Universities in UP
- Hotel Management – 43rd in India and 3rd Among Private Universities in UP
- Times Engineering Ranking 2021: 23rd in India and 2nd Among Private Universities in UP
- Best Private Hospitality & Tourism Institute of the Year by Brands Impact for 2021-22
- E-Learning Excellence for Academic Digitisation by QS I-Gauge E-Lead Certification for Excellence in Online Learning – 2020
- Ranked in top 10 patent filers as per Indian Patent Office Annual Report 2020
- NIRF Ranking in the Band 151 - 200 among the Universities in India
- School of Pharmacy ranked 76 - 100 in NIRF ranking among all Pharmacy Colleges in India
- NIRF Ranking in the band 251-300 for overall Category in 2020
- The DQICT Award for Excellence in Academics and Placement
- DQICT Award for Top Ranking University in Academics and Global Linkages
- Excellence in Academics and Placement by Dataquest Cybermedia ICT awards
- India Excellence Award – for best Private University in Academics and Placement
- ASSOCHAM award for Being the Best Private University for Academics and Placement
- CSR Excellence in Education Award 2020 for being the Best Private Institute in Competition Success Review
- Placement and Excellence Award by Times Business Award 2019
- 5 Star Rating in Teaching & Facilities by QS Ranking