School of Computing Science & Engineering Back
The BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) Program in the field of computer applications is customized for students wishing to shine in the field of computer science and information technology. This program aids the students to get a sound understanding on computer applications which can give them a perfect start for a challenging career in the field of information technology. This program prepares students with the necessary skills to build successful careers in the information sector. The curriculum is truly tuned for the holistic development of the students and aims at nurturing them as proficient programmers and computer professionals.
This program is concerned with design, development and use of computer applications. Application implies incorporation of operating system, a utility and a programming language. Thus, BCA graduates are able to develop and prepare documents, projects, presentations, design websites and demonstrate skills in running software programs. Besides imparting theoretical knowledge, a lot of stress is laid on hands-on training and overall development of the personality. Students graduating from this program can work gainfully in software services companies, outsourcing companies and other allied sectors.
- Duration-3 Years
50% in best four relevant subjects at XII level (Including English & Maths/Information Practices)
Entry level jobs in the IT/ ITes companies like WIPRO Infotch Ltd, HCL, V-Serve, D-Link, DSQ Software, Dell International etc. Read More...
To be known widely as a premier department of Computer Science and Engineering for value-based education, multidisciplinary research and innovation.
The mission of the Computer Science and Engineering Department is
- Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of SCSE through OB-TLP.
- Establish state-of-the-art facilities for Analysis, Design and Implementation to develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research for developing innovative solutions.
- Involve the students in group activity including that of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1:To prepare graduates with a strong foundation in Computer Science and Applications and problem-solving &programming skills in order to build successful careers professionals in industry, government, academia, research, entrepreneurial pursuit and consulting firms.
- PEO 2:To equip students with analytical, design, development and soft skill to find innovative solutions to the real world problems in collaboration with industry and professional societies.
- PEO 3:To inculcate entrepreneurship, managerial skills and team work in our students through demonstration of good analytical, design and implementation skills for the betterment of individual and society at large.
- PEO 4: To produce graduates who are ethical, socially responsible and lifelong learners to fulfill their goals.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO1:The ability to understand, analyze and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, system software, multimedia, web design, big data analytics, and networking for efficient design of computer-based systems and solve real world computing system problems of various industries by understanding and applying the principles of mathematics, computing techniques and business concepts.
- PSO2: Design, test, develop and maintain desktop, web, mobile and cross platform software applications using modern tools and technologies in software project development using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality product for business success.
- PSO3: The ability to employ modern computer languages, environments, and platforms in creating innovative career paths to be an entrepreneur, and a zest for higher studies.
- PO1: Graduates will have the necessary skills and knowledge not only in the field of computer and information technology, but also in communication and will be successful professionals in service industry, consulting firms and entrepreneurial pursuit.
- PO2: To achieve peer-recognition students will have ability to coordinate and work in teams, by adopting ethics, communicate effectively and manage projects in multidisciplinary environment and updating oneself by indulging into self directed learning and conduct investigation of complex computing problems.
- PO3: Able to apply Computer based solutions and its contemporary issues in global, societal context, as well as in entrepreneurship areas and continue a lifelong professional development in computing.
- PO4: An ability to visualize and solve problems using appropriate software development strategy and standards.
- PO5: An ability to design and implement database solutions using available technologies.
- PO6: An understanding of design and working principles of the computer system.
- PO7: An ability to work effectively as an individual as well as a member of a team and provide technical and visionary leadership to others.
- PO8: An ability to apply ethical and legal issue of computer application with an awareness of social issues and responsibilities.
- PO9: In-hand Skills, expertise and Knowledge on advanced Computing techniques and other recent trends in advanced computing.
- PO10: Excellent verbal communication skills with capability to work in multidisciplinary teams with positive attitude
- PO11: Acquired skills and to recognize the need for life-long learning for continuing professional development.
- PO12: An ability to devise the conduct experiments, interpret data and provide well informed conclusions