School of Finance & Commerce Back
BBA Financial Investment Analysis
About the Program: The BBA (Financial Investment Analysis) program is a three-Year full time under graduate professional program in finance and investment analysis spread over six semesters leading to Graduate Degree designated as BBA (Financial Investment Analysis). The program at the School of Finance and Commerce has been designed to cater to the growing needs of Corporate, Banks, Capital Market, insurance, Real Estate, Multinationals, Government and Semi-Government organizations for students aspiring to be qualified finance professionals. It is estimated that more than ten lakhs jobs are likely to be created in next five to ten years in banking and financial sectors of Indian economy. The program seeks to equip the participants with conceptual, practical and analytical skills for financial as well as investment decision making.
The students would be provided with specialized knowledge and skills in various areas of Finance and Investment Analysis such as Financial Management, Capital Market, Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, Financial Econometrics, Financial Services, investment management, International Finance and Accounting , Financial Derivatives and Risk Management, etc. along with the necessary inputs in the basic areas of managerial decision making such as Organizational Behavior, Managerial Economics, Quantitative Techniques, Financial Accounting , Corporate Tax and Laws, and Information Technology etc.
Students are also required to undergo an industry internship training for a period of 6 to 8 weeks in a business / corporate establishment so as to have practical and real life experience of organizational functioning and also to write a project report on any issue /problem/case relating to financial and managerial aspects of business decision making process as a part of the fourth semester of the program.
With the knowledge and skills obtained through this program, students will be able to take rational financial decisions in any complex and challenging environment, locally as well as globally, while rendering their job as successful finance professionals and entrepreneurs.
60% agg. in Class 12th or equivalent qualification in the Arts/ Commerce / Science stream, completed from a recognized educational Board.
The BBA - Financial Investment Analysis programme deals with financial planning, accounting, and strategizing plans for the profitable growth of organization. The programme is aimed to impart financial skills to the candidates. Be it any industry from banking, financial services, NBFCs to corporate, this programme is equipped with all the subjects that will develop your understanding to specialize in each of these fields and many more. Following are some of the career prospects that a candidate can look for after completing this programme:
- Finance Manager.
- Financial & Investment Analyst.
- Investment Banker.
- Loan Officer.
- Credit Analyst.
- Financial Planner.
- Financial Consultant, Etc.
Career options after BBA(FIA)
- Masters in Business administration
- Chartered Accountancy
- Bank PO or Indian Railways
- Start-Up Entrepreneurship
- Event management.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: The objective of the BBA (FM) program is to make the students capable of developing an independent and Critical thinking by making a positive contribution to business, trade and industry in the national and global context.
- PEO 2: To equip the students to have a sound knowledge of the discipline by applying mechanisms and tools to arrive at informed decisions in profession and practice, striking a balance between business and social dimensions.
- PEO 3: Graduates will have a solid foundation to pursue professional careers and take up higher learning courses such as MBA, MCA, M.Com, M. Phil, Ph.D as well as any other research.
- PEO 4: The program is aimed at producing resourceful, responsible graduates who would initiate and build upon entrepreneurial ventures or demonstrate entrepreneurship for their employer organizations.
- PEO 5: Graduates will recognize the requisition for adapting to change and become ethically and socially aware and have the aptitude and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of socio-economic, technological and global change.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Architecture Graduates will be able to:
- PO 1: Accounting and Financial Knowledge
Apply the knowledge of Accounting and Finance to solve real business issues.
- PO 2: Project Management and Finance
Apply knowledge related to the field of finance in project management as an entrepreneur/a team member/a team leader to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO 3: Problem Analysis
Identify, formulate, and analyze commerce and financial issues reaching validated conclusions based on data.
- PO 4: Exploring Alternate Solutions
Explore alternate solutions for financial issues and develop systems and processes that meet the specified needs of business with appropriate consideration for social, cultural, economic and financial issues.
- PO 5: IT and Statistical Tools Usage
Select, and apply appropriate modern management & IT tools, techniques and resources including prediction & modelling to financial activities.
- PO 6: The Managers and Society
Apply the contextual knowledge to assess the issues related to society, health, safety, law, and culture pertaining to business management practices.
- PO 7: Sustainability, Growth and Development
Apprehend and visualize the impact of financial decisions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate the knowledge of sustainable growth and development.
- PO 8: Ethics and Professional Integrity
Imbibe and commit to professional ethics of financial management practices.
- PO 9: Leadership and Motivation
Function effectively as a motivated individual/a member/a leader in diverse business settings
- PO 10: Effective Communication
Communicate effectively with business community and with society at large.
- PO 11: Life-Long learning and Values
Recognize and have the ability to engage in independent life-long learning personal and professional development in dynamic environment.