School of Law Back
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)(Hons.)
The Three year LL.B. (H) programme is designed with an objective of providing intensive training to the students in practising law and imparts knowledge and skills required to meet the challenges facing the daily legal practice. The Programme is also intended to sharpen their research acumen and encourage interdisciplinary study of law and other sciences.
Graduation with minimum 50% aggregate from a recognized university & other eligibility as required by the Bar Council of India.
A Law degree offers many career options and opportunities. A Law graduate can take up private practice; work in a law firm or corporate houses. He is also eligible to appear for Judicial Service Examination which is an extremely prestigious career option. A number of opportunities are also there in the Government sector such as Public Prosecutor, Legal Officers in various Departments and Ministries, PSUs, etc. A Postgraduate Law scholar can venture into academics and contribute in creation of knowledge.
List of Top Law Firms in the Country
|Amarchand Mangaldas||AZB& Partners|
|J Sagar Associates||Nishith Desai Associates|
|Kahitan& Co||Luthra & Luthra|
|Trilegal||Singhania and Partners|
|Titus & Co||Wadia Ghandy &Co|
|Lakshmi Kumaran & Sridharan||Economic Laws Practice|
|Vaish & Associates||Anand & Anand|
|Fox Mandal||Seth Dua Associates|
|Singhania and Co||P & A law offices|
|Titus & Co||Lall & Sethi Advocates|
List of NGOs
|Oxfam India||Action Aid India|
|Amnesty India||Green Peace|
|Rural Litigation and Entitlement Kendra||Human Rights Law Network|
|UNDP||World Wide Fund for Nature|
To be globally recognised for Pragmatic Hands-on Experiential Legal Education, emphasizing on Research, Innovation and Value Based Education.
- Establish State-of-art facilities for world class legal education and research.
- Make students industry ready, such that they are grounded with legal knowledge and equipped with skills required for the legal profession.
- Develop Students' critical analytical and legal reasoning skills through students' centric approach and innovative pedagogy.
- Prepare ethical professionals, emphasizing on Justice Education.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO 1: Ensuring inculcation of advocacy skills.
- PEO 2: Students will have Oral and Written Communication skills.
- PEO 3: Preparing them to be ethical and legal professionals who will be socially responsible while meeting their own career goals.
- PEO 4: Will be industry-ready with strong legal research and problem solving skills.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: Students will possess the knowledge and understanding of legal theory, Substantive and Procedural laws. (K1 & K2)
- PO2: Students will demonstrate proficiency in critical analysis and legal reasoning. (K2, K4 & K6)
- PO3: Students will develop proficiency in legal research (K4)
- PO4: Students will demonstrate proficiency in written and oral communication (K2 & K3)
- PO5: Students will develop skills to give opinions on legal issues. (K4 & K6)
- PO6: Students will gain familiarity with the rules of professional ethics towards clients. (K2)
- PO7: Students will develop the professional skills of counselling and negotiation needed. (K6)
Programme Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Develop research aptitude using doctrinal and non doctrinal research.
- PSO 2: Inculcate argumentative skills through presentations, student seminars, mock trials and moot courts.
- PSO 3: Integrate research with theoretical aspects of the subjects by practical and drafting skills.
- PSO 4: Develop social and ethical values required to make a budding lawyer responsible in their career.