School of Business Back
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
The BBA at Galgotias University is an under-graduate program that equips a student to move towards a potentially lucrative profession in industry right after graduation. The program is meticulously structured to make it highly industry relevant as per the present day needs of employers.
Pedagogy for BBA
The boundaries between classroom teaching and work experience are increasingly getting blurred. As the corporate world tends to look at recruiting graduates and subsequently training and developing them to suit their needs, there is conscious effort at Galgotias University to develop BBA graduates with necessary attitudes and skills to make them productive immediately upon entry into the corporate world.
The approach to education at the BBA level is to provide a blend of management learning and social learning. The following are the salient features of the BBA program:
- Courses designed around industry needs to create a symbiotic relationship with our programme and the industry.
- Imparting fundamental business knowledge in the classroom - a substantial percentage of the course coverage is through hands on experience owing to tie-ups with companies like Toyota, Pizza Hut, etc. Live projects and focus on elementary research.
- A unique university experience with choice of courses like art appreciation, music appreciation, dance, physical education and other facets of culture offered as value addition.
- An effort to develop a sense of history, an understanding of the socio political environment and above all a sense of business and corporate awareness.
- A range of global business exposure by virtue of tie ups with Embassies and lectures by foreign dignitaries.
- Exposure to legal aspects of business and focus on ethics and values.
- Ultimate goal is to make our students highly acceptable to the industry/ corporate as students who are job ready/industry ready from day one!
60% or above in best four relevant subjects at XII level
Ultimate goal is to make our students highly acceptable to the industry/ corporate as students who are job ready/ industry ready from day one. The students after the completion of their degree will be able to seek employment in areas like financial services; retail management, consultancy services, FMCG sectors, HR generalists as well as IT enabled services.
Industry Internship: After the conclusion of first year and second year, the students go for an industry internship with an organisation for a period of 10 weeks. It is an essential module of the curriculum for the completion of the program and is designed to offer exposure to organisational working, to build up an understanding of the real corporate world, and to learn the relevance of theoretical concepts in real life business situations
Program Outcomes (PO)
Program Outcomes (POs) for BBA Program are as follows
- PO1: Business and Domain Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems.
- PO2: Critical Thinking Take informed actions after identifying the assumptions that frame our thinking and actions, checking out the degree to which these assumptions are accurate and valid, and looking at our ideas and decisions (intellectual, organizational, and personal) from different perspectives.
- PO3: Effective Communication Speak, read, write and listen clearly in person and through electronic media in English and in one Indian language, and make meaning of the world by connecting people, ideas, books, media and technology.
- PO4: Social Interaction Elicit views of others, mediate disagreements and help reach conclusions in group settings.
- PO5: Effective Citizenship Demonstrate empathetic social concern and equity centred national development, and the ability to act with an informed awareness of issues and participate in civic life through volunteering.
- PO6: Ethics Recognize different value systems including your own, understand the moral dimensions of your decisions, and accept responsibility for them.
- PO7: Environment and Sustainability Understand the issues of environmental contexts and sustainable development.
- PO8: Self-directed and Life-long Learning Acquire the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context socio-technological changes.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Prepare leaders in a dynamic and glocal business environment through industry exposure, such as guest lectures, industrial visits, and facilitation by faculty members with corporate experience.
- Equip students with analytical skills through varied teaching pedagogy such as case studies, technology based tools, business simulation games, role plays.