School of Architecture Back
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
Bachelor of Architecture, five year full time degree programme has been introduced with the vision to prepare architects / project leaders who shall accept future challenges, globally; in conceptualizing, designing, detailing and shaping of the built environment. Budding professionals of architecture shall be trained to conceptualize and execute intelligently, stimulate artistic sensitivity, develop a creative power, self-confidence and strengthen intellectual ability; enabling them to facilitate judicious professional decisions with innovative ideas.
Architectural Design, Building Construction and Materials, Building Structures, Visual Arts/Graphics, Architectural Drawings, History of Architecture, Advanced Construction Technology, Building Specifications & Cost Estimate, Computer Aided Design & Graphical Presentation, Building Services, Dissertation & Thesis (Project) are Core Modules with a choice of some Elective courses.
Pass in 12th with minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% aggregate marks in 12th OrPassed 10+3 diploma Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.OrPassed 10+3 Diploma (any stream with subject of mathematics) with minimum 50% aggregate marks. AndValid Score of NATA(2018,2019) /UPSEE Paper 4/JEE-Mains paper 2
Architects can start their own freelance consultancy. Lucrative career opportunities are often available with national and international architectural design firms, engineering consultancy and construction firms, real estate companies apart from Government and Public Sector Undertakings. Aspirants can pursue higher studies in specialization of their interest. Architectural conservation, urban design, landscape design, housing, urban & regional planning, sustainable architecture, product design and industrial design are some of the specialization that can be considered for higher study. Pleasant and rewarding careers as a faculty member are also encouraged at architectural institutions.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Engage in resilient professional entrepreneurships activities to enhance their own stature and contribute to the society or Work as acknowledged leader in a team employed in industry/ organisations in context of global built environment or Pursue higher education and research in architecture and related specializations
- PEO 2: Work as ethical collaborator in society for change
- PEO 3: Act as self motivated lifelong learner
Architecture Graduates will be able to:
- PO1 Architectural knowledge: Interpreted the knowledge of Design parameters, mathematical analysis, construction technology, architectural fundamentals and latest development in various field for the solution of complex architectural design problems.
- PO2 Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analysis of complex architectural problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of basic design, users comfort concerns, climate oriented solutions, and architectural services.
- PO3 Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex architectural problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified user and environmental needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental issues.
- PO4 Conduct investigations of complex problems: Integerate research-based knowledge and research methods including experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5 Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern analytical tools and simulation of complex architectural activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6 The architect and society: Evaluate contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional architectural practice.
- PO7 Environment and sustainability: Elaborate the impact of the professional architectural solutions in societal and environmental contexts, demonstrate the knowledge and need for sustainable development.
- PO8 Ethics: Integrate ethical principles and commitment to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of the architectural practice.
- PO9 Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10 Communication: Communicate effectively on complex architectural activities with the architectural and allied community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11 Project management and finance: Synthesize knowledge and understanding of the architectural and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12 Life-long learning: Relate to the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of environmental, social, economical, and technological changes.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Architecture Graduates will be able to:
- PSO 1 Human psychology and Philosophy: Interpret human behavior and mental processes, including perception, cognition and emotion by understanding interaction between people through application of rational investigation of the truths and principles of being, knowledge and conduct to resolve complex architectural design projects
- PSO 2 Indian Traditions and Culture: Amalgamate basic concepts of Indian values and ethics with contemporary techniques to form modern social fabric