School of Media & Communication Studies Back
BA - Journalism & Mass Communication (Academic association with ISOMES & Jagran Institute of Management & Mass Communication)
This course is specifically designed to establish a strong foundation which would enable the students to develop a deeper understanding of communication. The format of the course is designed in such a way that would further help the students to develop an ability to choose their area of specialization in their desired field.
- Duration-3 Years
Introduction to Mass Communication, Print Media: News, Public Relation and Corporate Communication, Photography, Print Media: Specialized Reporting, Electronic Media: Radio, Script writing and Storyboarding, Design Graphics, Electronic Media: TV Journalism, Research Methodology, Media Law & Ethics, Advertising & Design, Introduction to New Media, Convergence in Media, Film Distribution and Packaging, Television Anchoring
XII with minimum 50% marks in best four relevant subjects
Journalist, Graphic Designer, Newspaper Designer, Copy Editor, Brand Manager, Public Relation Executive, Media Manager, Editor, Advertising Executive, Cameraman Photo Journalist, Communication Manager in NGOs, Video Journalist, TV anchor Production Manager, TV Producer, Radio Jockey, Radio Program Producer, Copy Writer Video Editor, Event Manger, Content Writer, Researcher, Animator, Film Maker, Script Writer, Actor, Director, News Reader, Ad Copy Writer, Cinematographer, Sub Editor, Assistant Producer, Assistant Director, Website Designer
To be known as a Premier school that nurtures creative communicators to fulfill Glocal needs.
- Establish state-of-the art Media production and other academic facilities for communication education and research.
- Evolve curriculum through involvement of all stakeholders.
- Involve aspirants in societal outreach programs through unique field exposures, internships, projects and society sensitive media productions.
- Contribute in creating media content for lifelong learning of media professionals through research, publication and other media outputs.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO1: Administrative position in media industry
- PEO2: Develop & apply entrepreneurship skills
- PEO3: Leadership and Managerial Quality
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: Critical Thinking
- PO2: Effective Communication
- PO3: Social Interaction
- PO4: Effective Citizenship
- PO5: Ethics
- PO6: Environment and Sustainability
- PO7: Self-directed and Life-long Learning
- PSO1: Media Knowledge
- PSO2: Problem Analysis and finding its solutions
- PSO3: Modern Media tools usage