School of Liberal Education Back
B.A (Hons.) in Applied Psychology
The course provides a comprehensive understanding of psychological processes their role in determining our behavior, relationships and imparts research skills necessary to evaluate the scientific claims of psychology. It also provides specialized exposure to students in the area of their interest.
XII with minimum 50% marks in best four relevant subjects
For Migration from Other Universities 1) BA (Hons.) Applied Psychology Ist yr. minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 50% or above at XII level in Best Four relevant subjects
|Industrial and Organizational settings||NGO|
|Child Protection Agency||Assessment Centers|
- M1 Time relevant aims at forming a strong base for creating and supporting the analytic and creative thinking along with appropriate outlook.
- M2 Develop critical reflections through non coercive and participatory mode of teaching and learning, along with their practice and development. Avail and acquire appropriate infrastructure for the same.
- M3 Facilitate and encourage members to think globally and act locally along with development of a scientific enquiring mind without losing the human touch.
- M4 Develop distinct methodologies justifying the boundaries of different subjects within the school. Extend the competencies relevant to unique pedagogy which will be developed and put in use to sensitize and respect the plurality of approaches.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: Graduates will be able to complete a successful higher education, be an effective member of civil society.
- PEO-2: Graduates will be effectively and meaningfully engaged in helping the mankind by counseling, guidance and develop quality projects in different areas of psychology in India and abroad.
- PEO-3: Post Graduates will be able to complete a successful higher education, with a specialization in respective field clinical or Industrial psychology, be an effective member of civil society
- PEO-4: Post Graduates will be effectively and meaningfully engaged in helping the mankind by counseling guidance and develop quality projects in different areas of psychology in India and abroad.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: Build capacity to explore the wide array of dimension of human experience.
- PO2: Capable of accepting the challenges of individual and group life using psychological factors.
- PO3: Understand significance and meaning of everyday experience.
- PO4: Use methodologies that celebrate richness and multidimensionality of human behavior.
- PO5: Enhance the ability to qualitative/ quantitative measure and interpret the data.
- PO6: Empower the students in dealing with issues and problems of self and others.
- PO7: Create a generality of developmental social and other fields and be able to solve issues of self and others.
- PO8: Enable students for critical thinking.
- PO9: Apprise with methodological intricacies in research and application.
- PO10: Develop open-minded and clear approach toward life, career and diversity.
- PO11: Enables the student for active engagement in intellectual practices and relate to practices of the practitioners.
- PO12: Sensitizes the student to changing context and situations for both understanding theories and their practices.