School of Mechanical Engineering Back
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering is one of the core branches of engineering which have existed since prehistoric times. It has been part and parcel of the history of development of mankind. To this date it is unimaginable to think about development without Mechanical Engineering.
The modern age has newer challenges which Mechanical Engineering fraternity faces. Mechanical engineering has a vast scope and deals with the science and technology of Materials, Energy, Manufacturing and Design.
The Mechanical Engineering Program at Galgotia University will produce graduates who have the required knowledge and technical skills to remain productive in the field of Mechanical Engineering. The student will be groomed to develop professionalism, ethics, safety and socioeconomic concerns in resolving technical problems; and to become capable of functioning in diverse local and global environments in industry or academia.
The program is designed in such a way that the graduating students will be in a position to use the knowledge of mathematics, basic sciences and engineering to analyze problems in mechanical engineering, design and conduct experiments and interpret results, design mechanical devices, systems or processes. Student will also during his course of study evolve in a holistic way, learning to function as team, communicate ideas effectively, understand the sensitivities to safety, economics, ethics, politics, societal, cultural and contemporary issues.
Above all we will inseminate the student with a spark which will ignite the fire of continuous learning and keeping abreast with the state of the art in modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practices.
- Duration-4 Years
Minimum 60% in Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject / Computer Science / Information Technology / Informatics Practices / Agriculture / Engineering Graphics / Business Studies in class XII.
Minimum 50% marks in Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Informatics Practices/ Agriculture/ Engineering Graphics/ Business Studies in XIIth with minimum 40%ile or upto 5 Lakh rank in JEE Mains.
For Lateral Entry:
Diploma (in Engineering and Technology) examination with at least 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) . Subject to vacancies in the First Year, in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted
B.Sc degree from a recognized institute with at least 60% marks or equivalent and XIIth with Mathematics as a subject.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
Opportunities exist in the field of Automobile, Power, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Nanotechnology, Robotics, Indian Railways, NTPC, ONGC, & SAIL. Opportunities are also there in the research organizations like DRDO, ISRO, BARC etc.
Click Here to know more...
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will be engineering professionals and innovators in core engineering, service industries or pursue higher studies.
- PEO2: Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will be team players who are equipped to provide sustainable solutions for complex interdisciplinary problems using modern tools.
- PEO3: Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will be able to engage in professional activities ethically and thereby enhance the knowledge and contribution towards the society through life long learning.
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design of solutions for complex engineering problems and design of system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations of public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research based methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information leading to logical conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling complex engineering activities with an understanding of limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning within the contextual knowledge to access societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and the need for sustainable developments
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual independently and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and apply those to one’s own work as a member and leader of a team to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Program Specific Outcomes
- Product Development: To apply engineering graphics and solid modelling skills to perform tasks in the area of Product development.
- Manufacturing Industries: To perform tasks related to design, model and documentation of manufacturing Industries.