School of Mechanical Engineering Back
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering is one of the core branches of engineering which have existed since prehistoric times. It has been part and parcel of the history of development of mankind. To this date it is unimaginable to think about development without Mechanical Engineering.
The modern age has newer challenges which Mechanical Engineering fraternity faces. Mechanical engineering has a vast scope and deals with the science and technology of Materials, Energy, Manufacturing and Design.
The Mechanical Engineering Program at Galgotia University will produce graduates who have the required knowledge and technical skills to remain productive in the field of Mechanical Engineering. The student will be groomed to develop professionalism, ethics, safety and socioeconomic concerns in resolving technical problems; and to become capable of functioning in diverse local and global environments in industry or academia.
The program is designed in such a way that the graduating students will be in a position to use the knowledge of mathematics, basic sciences and engineering to analyze problems in mechanical engineering, design and conduct experiments and interpret results, design mechanical devices, systems or processes. Student will also during his course of study evolve in a holistic way, learning to function as team, communicate ideas effectively, understand the sensitivities to safety, economics, ethics, politics, societal, cultural and contemporary issues.
Above all we will inseminate the student with a spark which will ignite the fire of continuous learning and keeping abreast with the state of the art in modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practices.
- Duration-4 Years
Minimum 60% marks in PCM/PCB in XIIth
Min. 50% marks in PCM/PCB in class XIIth with minimum 40%ile or upto 5 Lakh rank in JEE Mains
For Lateral Entry:1. Passed Diploma examination with at least 50% marks in any branch of Engineering and Technology.
2. Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University with at least 50% marks and passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a subject.
3. Passed D. Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
Opportunities exist in the field of Automobile, Power, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Nanotechnology, Robotics, Indian Railways, NTPC, ONGC, & SAIL. Opportunities are also there in the research organizations like DRDO, ISRO, BARC etc.
Click Here to know more...
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Graduates of Mechanical Engineering shall be engineering professionals and innovators in core engineering, service industries or pursue higher studies.
- PEO2: Graduates of Mechanical Engineering shall be competent in latest technologies by exploiting automation and smart manufacturing tools to address various industry 4.0 problems.
- PEO3: Graduates of Mechanical Engineering shall leverage their imbibed skill through continuous working on recent technologies to transform for betterment of the society.
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: To Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life- long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1: To perform tasks related to conversion of mechanical system to automatic system, integrating mechanical system to IoT and cloud-based technologies.
- PSO2: To apply augmented reality / virtual reality along with different CAE tools for rapid prototyping and additive manufacturing.