School of Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering Back
B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Electrical and Electronic is one of the most exciting and dynamic field of engineering.The department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering at Galgotias University has a team of reputed and highly dedicated faculty members to provide in-Departmenth theoretical and practical knowledge to undergraduate & post graduate students of this field. The well quipped laboratories at Galgotias University have been developed to a high standard of design and safety and provide an excellent environment for students to carry out their experimental works.
Telecommunications, Energy and Electric Power, Manufacturing, Automotive & Transportation, Research and Service industries are the key recruiting sectors of Engineers in this field.
- Duration-4 Years
Minimum 60% marks in PCM in XIIth with minimum 40%ile or upto 5 Lakh rank in JEE Mains
Min. 60% marks in PCM in class XIIth (for Merit based admission)
For Lateral Entry:
Passed Diploma from AICTE approved institute in appropriate branch of engineering/technology with minimum 60% or 6.0 CGPA
B.Sc degree from a recognized university with at least 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA and passed XIIth standard with Mathematics as a subject.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
To be known globally as a premier Department offering value based education in Electrical and Electronics Engineering inculcating the spirit of interdisciplinary research and innovation.
- M1: Create a strong foundation on fundamentals in the areas of Electrical and Electronics Engineering through outcome based teaching learning process.
- M2: Establish state-of-the-art facilities for design and simulation.
- M3: Provide opportunities to students to work on real world problems and develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- M4: Involve the students in group activities, including those of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: Electrical and Electronics Engineering graduates will have successful careers in core engineering, academia, research organizations.
- PEO-2: The graduates will be well prepared to adapt usage of modern tools & emerging technologies and contribute to interdisciplinary research with innovative practices.
- PEO-3: The graduates will be academically prepared to become leaders in their organizations, become professional engineers, as necessary, and will contribute effectively to the growth and development of their organization.
- PEO-4: The graduates will engage in professional activities with ethical practices in the field of Electrical Engineering to enhance their own stature and simultaneously contribute to the profession and society at large.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: Electrical and Electronics Engineering students will be able to apply their knowledge for developing reliable electrical circuits and systems with proper protection.
- PSO2: Electrical and Electronics Engineering students will be able to develop software based design and analysis of systems using MATLAB, SIMPOWER, PLC/SCADA etc
- PSO3: Creative design to produce and maintain quality of power supply and use of suitable instruments for energy audit and calibration.