School of Computing Science & Engineering Back
B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
The School of Computing Science and Engineering introduces this program to provide high quality undergraduate education to the students with the objective of preparing them for prolific careers and providing graduate training in some focused area of Computer Science and Engineering. This School strives for excellence in producing graduates who will reinforce core computing areas while inventing and implementing new technology. The graduates will be able to apply sound judgment to the production, communal, ethical and professional issues of the rapidly developing computing industry.
The program will contribute towards the advancement of Computational Technologies and prepare graduates trained in the design, implementation, and analysis of computational systems and skilled in technical communication. Each of the courses in our curriculum is designed to help students achieve specific learning objectives. This program provides industry, business, or government with a highly skilled resource and also provides support programs for students in engineering, mathematics, and other fields requiring computing skills. After successful completion of Computer Science and Engineering program, students will be able to exhibit expertise in problem-solving techniques using the computer, achieve proficiency in programming languages, operating systems and breadth- Departmenth of comprehension in this discipline.
Galgotias Engineering Entrance Exam
For Lateral Entry:
Passed Diploma from AICTE approved institute in appropriate branch of engineering/technology with minimum 60% or 6.0 CGPA
B.Sc degree from a recognized university with at least 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA and passed XIIth standard with Mathematics as a subject.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
|Programming Fundamentals||Data Base Systems|
|Internet Web Programming||Software Practice and Testing|
|Image Processing||Data Communication|
|Cryptography & Networking||Distributed Computing|
|Applied Numerical Methods||Computer organization & architecture|
|Data structures using – c||Oops through java|
|Theory of automata and formal languages||Operating System|
|Software Engineering||Computer Networks|
|Distributed Computing||Principles of programming languages|
|Computer Graphics||Design and Analysis of Algorithms|
|Data Mining & Data Warehousing|
Opportunities exist in the area of Design Engineering, Computing/IT Consulting and Solution Developers. Graduating engineers also work as System/Network Administrators or IT Managers. This programme enables you to contribute both in the area of hardware and software design of computer systems. Read More...
To be known widely as a premier department of Computer Science and Engineering for value-based education, multidisciplinary research and innovation.
The mission of the Computer Science and Engineering Department is
- Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of SCSE through OB-TLP.
- Establish state-of-the-art facilities for Analysis, Design and Implementation to develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research for developing innovative solutions.
- Involve the students in group activity including that of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO-1: Graduates of Computer Science and Engineering will be globally competent and provide sustainable solutions for interdisciplinary problems as team players
- PEO-2: Graduates of Computer Science and Engineering will engage in professional activities with ethical practices in the field of Computer Science & Engineering to enhance their own stature to contribute society
- PEO-3: Graduates of Computer Science and Engineering will acquire specialize knowledge in trending technologies for research, innovation and product development
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO1: To train them in trending technologies.
- PSO2: To introduce upcoming domains like artificial intelligence, Robotics, Augmented reality, Data analytics, Ubiquitous Computing to develop insights for problem solving.
- PO1: Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- PO2: Ability to analyze, design and implement solutions for relevant issues.
- PO3: Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- PO4: Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- PO5: Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- PO6: Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- PO7: Ability to communicate effectively
- PO8: Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- PO9: Ability to engage in life-long learning.
- PO10: Knowledge of contemporary issues
- PO11: Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- PO12: Ability to provide efficient and sustainable solutions.