School of Computing Science & Engineering Back
Data Analytics is concerned with the acquisition, storage, retrieval, processing and finally the conversion of data into knowledge where the quantum of data is very large. This knowledge could help us understand our world better, and in many contexts enable us to make better decisions. Now a day’s 'Data Analytics' are newly developed interdisciplinary programs that includes diverse application domains .There are many applications, such as social media, healthcare, e-commerce, weather forecast, traffic monitoring, etc., that are producing massive amounts of data, the so-called “BIG DATA”, with Volume, Velocity, Variety, Veracity and Value (the five “Vs” of Big Data challenges) at an unprecedented scale. This has led to a critical need for skilled professionals, popularly known as Data Scientists or Data analytics, which can mine, interpret and predict the data.
The curriculum exposes students with all aspects of data analytics including research design, data collection, preparation, analysis, integration, visualization, and interpretation.
This will be achieved by an approach involving rigorous and comprehensive academic course work covering theory, fundamentals and hands-on experience with real-world applications. The curriculum is strongly oriented towards industry and emphasizes industry internship, projects, and entrepreneurship. It is expected that the graduates of the proposed program will mostly join the fast growing Data Analytics industry as technical experts and few will even launch their own IT start-ups in this field.
The program is focusing on different aspects of data management. This specialized B.Tech program includes following courses:
|Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing||Big Data Analytics|
|Mathematics for Data Analytics||Web Intelligence and Big Data Analytics|
|Information Integration and Data Analytics||Social ,Web & Mobile Analytics|
|Big Data Technologies||Financial Data Analytics|
|Data Mining and Predictive Modeling||Distributed Data Mining|
|Data Privacy and Security||Business Strategy and Analytics|
|Large Scale Graph Analytics||Mobile and IoT Analytics|
|Data Analytics for Bioinformatics||Forensic Analytics|
|Machine Learning||Research Methodology|
|CRM Analytics||Ethics & laws in Social Data Analysis|
|Ecommerce and Social Media Analytics|
Qualifying Galgotias Engineering Entrance Exam (www.geee.in) with minimum 50% in PCM and 60% aggregate in Class XII.
Minimum 60% marks in PCM in XIIth with minimum 40%ile or upto 5 Lakh rank in JEE Mains
For Lateral Entry:
Passed Diploma from AICTE approved institute in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology with minimum 60% or 6.0 CGPA
B.Sc degree from a recognized university with at least 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA and passed XIIth with Mathematics as a subject.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
The B. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Data Analytics provides you an exciting career in the domain. There is a big demand for analytics, data mining and data science professionals in near future. This course will enable the students to develop their skill sets and competencies of data scientists as they play main role in competitive intelligence which is a newly emerging field that encompasses data mining and analysis. This programme offers students an in-Departmenth education experience to focus on data science as it pertains to their unique interests. As part of this course the students can do industry interaction and take up research activities in the data science fields.
There are mainly FOUR types of employers:
- Large IT companies who have an Analytics practice- Infosys, TCS, Cognizant ,Wipro,Oracle .
- Analytics KPOs- Genpact, WNS
- In-House Analytics Units of large corporate- Citibank, Dell, HP, Spencers, Target; and
- Nice Analytics firms - Brainmatics, Fractal Analytics, Mu Sigma.
On passing out, one can choose a career either between Government organizations and National organizations such as DRDO, ISRO, BANK, IT Industry or private firms with needs of
|Business Analyst||Data Analyst|
|Data Manager.||Intelligence analyst|
|Information Security Analyst||Cyber Security Specialist|
To be known widely as a premier department of Computer Science and Engineering for value-based education, multidisciplinary research and innovation.
The mission of the Computer Science and Engineering Department is
- Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of SCSE through OB-TLP.
- Establish state-of-the-art facilities for Analysis, Design and Implementation to develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research for developing innovative solutions. Involve the students in group activity including that of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO1: Transforms graduates as true and successful professionals in industry, government, academia, research and consultancy.
- PEO2: To develop the technical and professional skills of students so that they may able to present the real results and improve processes of the existing system.
- PEO3: To prepare graduates who will thrive to continuing education for fulfilling their lifelong goals and satisfaction.
- PEO4: Equip the students to adapt the new technologies and can developing the solutions to real world problems.ofessional activities with ethical practices in the field of Computer Science & Engineering to enhance their own stature to contribute society
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: An ability to design and develop the application software, system based software that cater the needs of society and industry.
- PO2: An ability to apply the theoretical knowledge of computer science and engineering in simulation, modeling and developing solution to the real world problems.
- PO3: An ability to apply the novel concept and strong analytical knowledge for designing of computing system along with system software and hardware components.
- PO4: An ability to work in multicultural environments and ready to face the challenges in complexity, reliability, reengineering, security and operation.
- PO5: An ability to doing real time projects and presenting desired results, both in research and in advanced engineering.
- PO6: An ability to understand the impact of software solutions and a global and societal context.
- PO7: An ability to identify the impact of software development and improve processes for technical solutions.
- PO8: An ability to apply the modern tool and techniques and computational method in daily software engineering.
- PO9: An ability to develop the new system and deploy the software products faster and helping for automation process.
- PO10: An ability to design advance software, good algorithm thinking, problem solving activities and solid computational approach to quality assurance.
- PO11: An ability to combining modeling and computational approaches to solve theoretical or real world problems.
- PO12: An ability to adapting any relevant area where strong analytical and critical thinking is at premium.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO1: To contribute their technical skills in computing and information technology domains like “Internet of Things”, Application to security, resource management and reliable operation are of particular interest. To compete practically and to provide technical solutions for real world problems and must be able to apply the paradigm of programming languages and open source software in various computing domains.
- PSO2: Devolving in students with the capacity to engage in project management, team work skills and ability to use new technology and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice, data interpretation and visualization, security knowledge, leadership, application based research and evaluation skills and ability to create a vision, flexibility and to adapt to rapid changes.
- PSO3: Devolving in students the fundamental knowledge and skills, especially an academic knowledge base and research and introducing the students to the disciplines of creating and participating in a responsible and effective professional community. Students must be to deal with ambiguity and complexity, innovation, conflict resolution, ownership and accountability.