School of Computing Science & Engineering Back
B Tech in Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Cloud Computing & Virtualization
The next wave of computing is in the Cloud! Increasingly businesses want to get out of the complexity of managing data centers and instead focus on their core competencies. This means that more and more businesses will adopt cloud computing as a means to handle their IT requirements which gives them the freedom from day-to-day management of IT infrastructure.
Cloud Computing is one of the fastest growing paradigms in the IT industry today. As per a leading research firm IDC, worldwide spending on Cloud services will reach $42 billion by 2012.
This B.Tech program with the specialization in Cloud Computing & Virtualization will help students understand Cloud Computing and Virtualization technologies. Cloud Computing is very much a work in progress at this time and so while the course comprehensively covers the basic technologies involved, the history of the cloud and its roots in Service Oriented Architecture and Utility Computing, it has ample scope to take in the fast changing models that are thrown out by cloud computing. Students of this program will also benefit from the several practical credits that provide hands-on capabilities on the various aspects of cloud.
Galgotias Engineering Entrance Exam
For Lateral Entry:
Passed Diploma from AICTE approved institute in appropriate branch of engineering/technology with minimum 60% or 6.0 CGPA
B.Sc degree from a recognized university with at least 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA and passed XIIth standard with Mathematics as a subject.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
|Computer Programming and Problem Solving & Lab||Introduction to Open Source Software & Open Standards|
|Web Programming thru PHP & HTML & Lab||Computer Organization and Architecture& Lab|
|Data Structures using C& Lab||Database Management System& Lab|
|Data Communication & Computer Networks & Lab||Dynamic Paradigm in Cloud Computing & Virtualization 1|
|Introduction to IT infrastructure Landscape||Electronic devices and circuits & Lab|
|Oops Through Java& Lab||Theory of Automata and Formal Languages& Lab|
|Operating System& Lab||Dynamic Paradigm in Cloud Computing & Virtualization 2|
|Introduction to Virtualization and Cloud Computing & Lab||Business Intelligence & Lab|
|Advance DBMS & Lab||Microprocessors and Micro Controllers & Lab|
|Computer Graphics||Design and Analysis of Algorithms& Lab|
|Data Compression||Dynamic Paradigm in Cloud Computing & Virtualization 3|
|Cloud Computing Architecture & Lab||Service Oriented Architecture|
|Software Engineering & Project Management& Lab||Enterprise Java& Lab|
|StorageTechnology Foundation||Distributed Computing& Lab|
|Principles Of Programming Languages & Lab||Industrial Visit|
|Multimedia System||Soft Computing|
|Dynamic Paradigm in Cloud Computing 4||Cloud Deployment Model & Lab|
|Backup & Disaster Recovery||Business Process Management & Lab|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Minor ProjectWork -1|
|Web Technology& Lab||E-Commerce|
|Compiler Design||Comprehensive Examination|
|Digital Image Processing||IT in Forensic Science|
|Software Quality Engineering||Artificial Intelligence|
|Security in Cloud||Cloud Performance Tuning & Lab|
|Managing the cloud||Minor ProjectWork -2|
|Industrial Internship||Real Time Systems|
|Information Technology Infrastructure and Its Management||Pattern Recognition|
|Wireless and Mobile Communication||Major Project Work|
* IBM specialized subjects are marked with red color.
More and more IT vendors are now moving over to offer to their customers their software, application, hardware, storage, and services over the new Cloud computing model, the requirement of skilled resources will continue to grow in size and complexity. A career in Cloud computing, therefore, will remain in great demand for several years, going forward. This is an emerging computing model which delivers IT related capabilities as a Service, over the internet, and one which promises much better ease of use, economies of scale and much greater flexibility in sourcing and adapting to change. Virtualization, Service Oriented Architecture, Software as a Service, Hardware as a Service, Platform as a Service, Business Process as a Service are all technologies and delivery mechanisms that comprise Cloud Computing.
Large System Integrator / ISV organizations help clients drive new innovations in a safe, scalable and accessible way, keeping in mind best practices in Service-Oriented-Architecture, Service management, virtualization, security, information on demand, application services and business process management. A B.Tech program with specialization in the area of Cloud Computing & Virtualization, therefore, adds tremendous value to an aspiring student.
The B. Tech program in Computer Science with specialization in Cloud Computing & Virtualization prepares you for an exciting career in the following areas;
- Cloud Solution Architects
- Cloud System Administrator
- Cloud Security Specialist
- Cloud Application Development/Maintenance/ Testing
- Migration and Modernization Specialists
- Cloud Project Management
To be known widely as a premier department of Computer Science and Engineering for value-based education, multidisciplinary research and innovation.
The mission of the Computer Science and Engineering Department is
- Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of SCSE through OB-TLP.
- Establish state-of-the-art facilities for Analysis, Design and Implementation to develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research for developing innovative solutions. Involve the students in group activity including that of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO1: Transforms graduates as true and successful professionals in industry, government, academia, research and consultancy.
- PEO2: To develop the technical and professional skills of students so that they may able to present the real results and improve processes of the existing system.
- PEO3: To prepare graduates who will thrive to continuing education for fulfilling their lifelong goals and satisfaction.
- PEO4: Equip the students to adapt the new technologies and can developing the solutions to real world problems.ofessional activities with ethical practices in the field of Computer Science & Engineering to enhance their own stature to contribute society
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: An ability to design and develop the application software, system based software that cater the needs of society and industry.
- PO2: An ability to apply the theoretical knowledge of computer science and engineering in simulation, modeling and developing solution to the real world problems.
- PO3: An ability to apply the novel concept and strong analytical knowledge for designing of computing system along with system software and hardware components.
- PO4: An ability to work in multicultural environments and ready to face the challenges in complexity, reliability, reengineering, security and operation.
- PO5: An ability to doing real time projects and presenting desired results, both in research and in advanced engineering.
- PO6: An ability to understand the impact of software solutions and a global and societal context.
- PO7: An ability to identify the impact of software development and improve processes for technical solutions.
- PO8: An ability to apply the modern tool and techniques and computational method in daily software engineering.
- PO9: An ability to develop the new system and deploy the software products faster and helping for automation process.
- PO10: An ability to design advance software, good algorithm thinking, problem solving activities and solid computational approach to quality assurance.
- PO11: An ability to combining modeling and computational approaches to solve theoretical or real world problems.
- PO12: An ability to adapting any relevant area where strong analytical and critical thinking is at premium.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO1: To contribute their technical skills in computing and information technology domains like “Internet of Things”, Application to security, resource management and reliable operation are of particular interest. To compete practically and to provide technical solutions for real world problems and must be able to apply the paradigm of programming languages and open source software in various computing domains.
- PSO2: Devolving in students with the capacity to engage in project management, team work skills and ability to use new technology and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice, data interpretation and visualization, security knowledge, leadership, application based research and evaluation skills and ability to create a vision, flexibility and to adapt to rapid changes.
- PSO3: Devolving in students the fundamental knowledge and skills, especially an academic knowledge base and research and introducing the students to the disciplines of creating and participating in a responsible and effective professional community. Students must be to deal with ambiguity and complexity, innovation, conflict resolution, ownership and accountability.