School of Computing Science & Engineering Back
Internet of Things and Cyber Security Including Block Chain Technology
About the Program
B.Tech. in B.Tech CSE (IoT & cyber security including Blockchain Technology) is a four-year undergraduate programme offered at School of Computing Science and Engineering that familiarises students with the functional and operational aspects of IoT including cyber security and blockchain technology. Billions of interconnected smart devices measuring, moving, and acting upon all the bits of data that makes up daily life, so IoT represents a tremendous opportunity for various types of companies, including IoT application and service providers, IoT platform providers and integrators, telecom operators, and software vendors. These IOT enabled devices and computer systems play an important role in our day to day lives. We rely on these systems for purposes such as – entertainment, banking, education, governance, shopping, healthcare, business, research etc. cyber security deals with the security of computer systems from the theft of computer hardware, software, data and disruption or misdirection of the services provided by computer systems. Cyber Security also imparts knowledge about the body of technologies, processes and practices designed to protect networks, computers, programs and data from attack, damage or unauthorized access. The curriculum of this programme is designed in such a way along with IOT and Cyber Security that students are also exposed to the Basic Cryptographic primitives used in Blockchain, basic Distributed System concepts, Basic Blockchain concepts, Limitations of blockchain as a technology, and myths vs reality of blockchain technology and have an understanding and working knowledge of the emerging blockchain technology. During the tenure of this programme, students develop an understanding of the emerging abstract models for Blockchain Technology.
Minimum 60% marks in PCM/PCB in XIIth
Min. 50% marks in PCM/PCB in class XIIth with minimum 40%ile or upto 5 Lakh rank in JEE Mains
For Lateral Entry:1. Passed Diploma examination with at least 50% marks in any branch of Engineering and Technology.
2. Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University with at least 50% marks and passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a subject.
3. Passed D. Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
- Basic Cryptographic primitives used in Blockchain – Secure, Collison-resistant hash functions, digital signature, public key cryptosystems, zero-knowledge proof systems
- Basic Distributed System concepts – distributed consensus and atomic broadcast, Byzantine fault-tolerant consensus methods
- Basic Blockchain (Blockchain 1.0) – concepts germane to Bitcoin and contemporary proof-of-work based consensus mechanisms, operations of Bitcoinblockchain, crypto-currency as application of blockchain technology
- Blockchain 2.0 – Blockchains with smart contracts and Turing complete blockchain scripting – issues of correctness and verifiability, Ethereum platform and its smart contract mechanism
- Blockchain 3.0 – Plug-and-play mechanisms for consensus and smart contract evaluation engines, Hyperledger fabric platform
- Beyond Cryptocurrency – applications of blockchain in cyber security, integrity of information, E-Governance and other contract enforcement mechanisms
- Limitations of blockchain as a technology, and myths vs. reality of blockchain technology
- Research directions in Blockchain technology
The course will be very heavy on projects and require ability to quickly configure a new development platform and use it, develop applications, and move to a new one. At least three blockchain platforms will be used in projects in the course. The course will consist of instructor presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on projects.
The students will study the following subjects as the part of
B.Tech Block Chain Technology - core modules
- Foundations of Blockchain Technology
- Blockchain Architecture Design and Use Cases
- Blockchain Technology And Applications
- Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technologies
- Blockchain Technologies and E-Governance.
The B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in B.Tech CSE (IoT & cyber security including Blockchain Technology) provides you an exciting career in the domain. There is a big influx of interconnected smart devices measuring, moving, and acting upon all the bits of personal data that makes up daily life and the need to secure this data has resulted in the demand for IOT cyber experts professionals. The career prospects include possible job roles in software development firms, IoT Product Managers, IOT Architect, IOT Developer, IOT based products development firms, Industrial Engineer, IT security firms, IT consultancy firms, tech consultancies, IT companies implementing Blockchain applications as Blockchain engineer, Blockchain quality engineer, Blockchain developers, Blockchain project managers etc also the other available job roles could be Security Architect, Security Consultant, Penetration Tester, Ethical Hacker, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) etc