School of Computing Science & Engineering Back
B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Business Analytics & Optimization
The world has become smarter - The humans have started interacting in various modes in their normal life and the way they are interacting for their business and domestic needs is drastically changing. The amount of data generated because of these actions is tremendous. So the enterprises want to understand this data and provide them a better customer service and gain their confidence to improve their business. The effect is profound and can be seen across all the Industries i.e. Telco, Insurance, HealthCare, etc.
Business analytics (BA) refers to the skills, technologies, applications and practices for continuous iterative exploration and investigation of past business performance to gain insight and drive business planning. Analytics may be used as input for human decisions or may drive fully automated decisions. Analytics have been used in business since the time management exercises that were initiated in the late 19th century. IBM Business Analytics software helps your organization better understand, anticipate and shape business outcomes.
Minimum 60% marks in PCM in XIIth with minimum 40%ile or upto 5 Lakh rank in JEE Mains
Min. 60% marks in PCM in class XIIth (for Merit based admission)
For Lateral Entry:
Passed Diploma from AICTE approved institute in appropriate branch of engineering/technology with minimum 60% or 6.0 CGPA
B.Sc degree from a recognized university with at least 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA and passed XIIth standard with Mathematics as a subject.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
|Computer Programming and Problem Solving & Lab||Introduction to Open Source Software & Open Standards|
|Web Programming thru PHP & HTML & Lab||Computer Organization and Architecture & Lab|
|Data Structures using C & Lab||Database Management System & Lab|
|Data Communication & Computer Networks & Lab||Dynamic Paradigm in Business Analytics & Optimization 1|
|Advanced Statistical Analysis & Lab||Electronic devices and circuits & Lab|
|Oops Through Java & Lab||Theory of Automata and Formal Languages & Lab|
|Operating System & Lab||Dynamic Paradigm in Business Analytics & Optimization 2|
|Datawarehouse and Multidimensional modelling & lab||Data mining and Predictive modelling &Lab|
|Advance DBMS & Lab||Microprocessors and Micro Controllers & Lab|
|Computer Graphics||Design and Analysis of Algorithms & Lab|
|Data Compression||Dynamic Paradigm in Business Analytics 3|
|Business Intelligence & Lab||Business Strategy and Analytics|
|Software Engineering & Project Management||Enterprise Java & Lab|
|Storage Technology Foundation||Distributed Computing & Lab|
|Principles of programming languages & Lab||Industrial Visit|
|Multimedia System*||Dynamic Paradigm in Business Analytics 4|
|BA as Service (Cloud)||Business Process Management (BPM) & Lab|
|Operation Research & Optimization & Lab||Entrepreneurship Development|
|Minor Project Work -1||Web Technology & Lab|
|Comprehensive Examination||Digital Image Processing*|
|IT in Forensic Science||ERP*|
|Bioinformatics*||Software Quality Engineering*|
|Artificial Intelligence*||Big Data analytics & Lab|
|Real time monitoring & Analytics||Social, Web & Mobile Analytics & lab|
|Minor Project Work -2||Industrial Internship|
|Real Time Systems*||Information Technology Infrastructure And Its Management*|
|Pattern Recognition*||Wireless and Mobile Communication*|
|Major Project Work|
* IBM specialized subjects are marked with red color.
A career in Business Analytics is one of the primary focus areas in the Industry and is gaining lot of recognition and adaption across many industries. Since there are very few companies in the end to end hardware to software solutions for Business Analytics IBM is very poised to leverage on this space. Many companies in are in need of knowledgeable resources in this area and has become a main challenge. This course will help the professionals to tap on the huge requirements and help the society.
- Database Administrator
- Business Analytic Specialist
- Business Analytic Modeler
- Data Mining Specialist
- Statistical Analyst (SPSS)
- Business Intelligence Specialist (Cognos)
- Data Warehousing Specialist
To be known widely as a premier department of Computer Science and Engineering for value-based education, multidisciplinary research and innovation.
The mission of the Computer Science and Engineering Department is
- Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of SCSE through OB-TLP.
- Establish state-of-the-art facilities for Analysis, Design and Implementation to develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research for developing innovative solutions. Involve the students in group activity including that of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO1: Transforms graduates as true and successful professionals in industry, government, academia, research and consultancy.
- PEO2: To develop the technical and professional skills of students so that they may able to present the real results and improve processes of the existing system.
- PEO3: To prepare graduates who will thrive to continuing education for fulfilling their lifelong goals and satisfaction.
- PEO4: Equip the students to adapt the new technologies and can developing the solutions to real world problems.ofessional activities with ethical practices in the field of Computer Science & Engineering to enhance their own stature to contribute society
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: An ability to design and develop the application software, system based software that cater the needs of society and industry.
- PO2: An ability to apply the theoretical knowledge of computer science and engineering in simulation, modeling and developing solution to the real world problems.
- PO3: An ability to apply the novel concept and strong analytical knowledge for designing of computing system along with system software and hardware components.
- PO4: An ability to work in multicultural environments and ready to face the challenges in complexity, reliability, reengineering, security and operation.
- PO5: An ability to doing real time projects and presenting desired results, both in research and in advanced engineering.
- PO6: An ability to understand the impact of software solutions and a global and societal context.
- PO7: An ability to identify the impact of software development and improve processes for technical solutions.
- PO8: An ability to apply the modern tool and techniques and computational method in daily software engineering.
- PO9: An ability to develop the new system and deploy the software products faster and helping for automation process.
- PO10: An ability to design advance software, good algorithm thinking, problem solving activities and solid computational approach to quality assurance.
- PO11: An ability to combining modeling and computational approaches to solve theoretical or real world problems.
- PO12: An ability to adapting any relevant area where strong analytical and critical thinking is at premium.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO1: To contribute their technical skills in computing and information technology domains like “Internet of Things”, Application to security, resource management and reliable operation are of particular interest. To compete practically and to provide technical solutions for real world problems and must be able to apply the paradigm of programming languages and open source software in various computing domains.
- PSO2: Devolving in students with the capacity to engage in project management, team work skills and ability to use new technology and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice, data interpretation and visualization, security knowledge, leadership, application based research and evaluation skills and ability to create a vision, flexibility and to adapt to rapid changes.
- PSO3: Devolving in students the fundamental knowledge and skills, especially an academic knowledge base and research and introducing the students to the disciplines of creating and participating in a responsible and effective professional community. Students must be to deal with ambiguity and complexity, innovation, conflict resolution, ownership and accountability.