School of Civil Engineering Back
B.Tech in Civil Engineering
The department of Civil Engineering aims to provide outstanding engineering education directed at enriching the quality of life. Civil Engineering is the segment of the engineering profession that provides the basic engineering need of the developing nation. The course curriculum includes the study of all the basic engineering sciences as well as professional courses using latest equipments and design software. A Civil Engineer is concerned with the creation of constructed facilities. The activity involve planning, analysis, design, construction, and maintenance of a variety of structures such as buildings, highways, railways, waterways, airports, canals, dam, dock and harbors.
- Duration-4 Years
Minimum 60% marks in PCM/PCB in XIIth
Min. 50% marks in PCM/PCB in class XIIth with minimum 40%ile or upto 5 Lakh rank in JEE Mains
For Lateral Entry:Passed Diploma examination with at least 50% marks in any branch of Engineering and Technology.
Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University with at least 50% marks and passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a subject.
Passed D. Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
The field of civil engineering deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works such as roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, sewerage systems, pipelines, and railways. A civil engineering degree prepares you for jobs in the construction industry as well as in the business, management and financial sectors. Within the construction industry, civil engineers typically get employed as construction engineers, transportation engineers, hydraulic and irrigation engineers, geotechnical engineers, environmental engineers, public works engineers. The Indian Government and respective State Government come up with various reliable career opportunities on a regular basis. A Civil engineer can enter into research in Organizations like DRDO, BARC, ISRO etc. through GATE. Opportunities also exist in Government organizations like HAL, NTPC, and IOCL etc.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: Graduates shall attain state of the art knowledge in the different streams of Civil Engineering and be trained for playing the role of competent Civil Engineer in multidisciplinary projects.
- PEO-2: Graduates shall be capable of pursuing productive careers in private and government organizations at the national and international level and to become successful entrepreneurs.
- PEO-3: Graduates shall display a high sense of social responsibility and ethical thinking and develop sustainable engineering solutions
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1: Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to solution of complex engineering problems (Engineering Knowledge)
- PO2: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences (Problem analysis)
- PO3: Design of solutions for complex engineering problems and design of system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations of public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations (Design/development of solutions)
- PO4: Use research based methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information leading to logical conclusions (Conduct investigations of complex problems)
- PO5: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling complex engineering activities with an understanding of limitations (Modern tool usage)
- PO6: Apply reasoning within the contextual knowledge to access societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice (The engineer and society)
- PO7: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and the need for sustainable developments (Environment and sustainability)
- PO8: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice (Ethics)
- PO9: Function effectively as an individual independently and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings (Individual and team work)
- PO10: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective oral presentations, and give and receive clear instructions (Communication)
- PO11: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and apply those to one’s own work as a member and leader of a team to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments (Project management and finance)
- PO12: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change (Life-long Learning).
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO1: Develop the ability to implement emerging techniques to plan, analyze, design, execute, manage, maintain and rehabilitate systems and processes in diverse area like structural, environmental, geotechnical, transportation and water resources engineering.
- PSO2: Excel in research, innovation, design, problem solving using various softwares and artificial intelligence and develop an ability to interact and work seamlessly in multidisciplinary environment.