School of Mechanical Engineering Back
B.Tech in 3D Printing & Design
3D Printing is known as additive manufacturing processes and one of the most demanding undergraduate programs. As the technology keep on changing, students passionate about design and keep them in the forefront of the technology may prefers this course. Currently Aerospace and Automobile industry have the maximum expenditure in 3D printing followed by electronics components, consumer durable products and medical implants. Industry using this technology reduces the manufacturing time and cost significantly in production of racing bike and robotic grippers etc.
Here in Galgotias University during the 4-years degree program students will get an opportunity to learn various design and simulation software apart from experimenting with the 3D printers. Apart from core courses students will be taught courses like internet of things, robotics, smart materials which will enhance student’s skill in the area of Design and 3D printing and excel their career.
- Duration-4 Years
Minimum 60% marks in PCM in XIIth with minimum 40%ile or upto 5 Lakh rank in JEE Mains
Min. 60% marks in PCM in class XIIth (for Merit based admission)
For Lateral Entry:
Passed Diploma from AICTE approved institute in appropriate branch of engineering/technology with minimum 60% or 6.0 CGPA
B.Sc degree from a recognized university with at least 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA and passed XIIth standard with Mathematics as a subject.
For Migration from Other Universities:
1) B.E./B.Tech Ist year minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale
2) 65% PCM or above at XII level.
The demand for skilled professional is not matching in the 3D Printing and Design industry. It is no longer just about passion but top industries require the skilled professionals in Aerospace, Automotive, electronics, industrial machines, food industry etc. Survey says that in the last 4 years, number of jobs ad related to this industry has gone increased almost 2000%. The technology is poised to explode and will create tremendous job opportunity for the 3D Printing and Design graduates.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will be engineering professionals and innovators in core engineering, service industries or pursue higher studies.
- PEO2: Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will be team players who are equipped to provide sustainable solutions for complex interdisciplinary problems using modern tools.
- PEO3: Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will be able to engage in professional activities ethically and thereby enhance the knowledge and contribution towards the society through life long learning.
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design of solutions for complex engineering problems and design of system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations of public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research based methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information leading to logical conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling complex engineering activities with an understanding of limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning within the contextual knowledge to access societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and the need for sustainable developments
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual independently and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and apply those to one’s own work as a member and leader of a team to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Program Specific Outcomes
- Product Development: To apply engineering graphics and solid modelling skills to perform tasks in the area of Product development.
- Manufacturing Industries: To perform tasks related to design, model and documentation of manufacturing Industries.